Networked Security Orb with Specific Capabilities

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Problem: I have about 15 group-owned (all by the same group) parcels in one mainland region and five in an adjacent region. When a griefer strikes, it is tedious to add them to each parcel ban list. I seek a way to make the process more efficient.

I think it is possible to do what I seek using networked security orbs, since they can both add names to parcel ban lists and communicate with each other, and I think that one or more that will do what I want exist, but I have not found them.

Ideally, I could add a name to one orb's blacklist and have it immediately added to all the parcels' ban lists. It would be acceptable if I could add it to one orb's blacklist and have it added to the parcels' ban lists only after the griefer returned and was ejected.

Does a device that meets my needs exist?

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
Typo

I vaguely remember someone who might have been you asking this maybe a year ago. You didn't find a solution then?

integer gChannel = -9871642;
key owner;
{ state_entry()
  {  llListen(gChannel,"","","")
     owner = llGetOwner();
  }
  changed(integer c)
  {  owner = llGetOwner();
  }
  listen(integer chan, string name, key ID, string text)
  { if(llGetOwnerKey(ID)==owner)
    {  llAddToLandBanList((key)text,0);
       if(ID==owner)
       {  llRegionSay(gChannel,text);
          llShout(gChannel,text); // for the case in which a repeater on the other region is within range of the repeater you access.
       }
    }
  }
}

or so wouldn't work?

2 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I vaguely remember someone who might have been you asking this maybe a year ago. You didn't find a solution then?

integer gChannel = -9871642;
key owner;
{ state_entry()
  {  llListen(gChannel,"","","")
     owner = llGetOwner();
  }
  changed(integer c)
  {  owner = llGetOwner();
  }
  listen(integer chan, string name, key ID, string text)
  { if(llGetOwnerKey(ID)==owner)
    {  llAddToLandBanList((key)text,0);
       if(ID==owner)
       {  llRegionSay(gChannel,text);
          llShout(gChannel,text); // for the case in which a repeater on the other region is within range of the repeater you access.
       }
    }
  }
}

or so wouldn't work?

You are exactly right. It could have been, and probably was, me. I have been seeking a solution to this for a long time. My resurgence of interest is because of recent griefing. I know that I tried to make that work, but couldn't. I lack expertise in scripting. The new wrinkle is that I have learned of networked orbs and their capabilities, and I think they may offer a solution to my problem

21 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

What happened to him?

He left SL it seems,  all of his products I own and none of them can contact any of his servers he had running, so a  few of them error out on me on startup, I've contacted him several times with emails and he never responds back.   this has been a few years too sense he was around.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.