Is this "land cutting"?

Bekka83

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let's say someone has a 512m² parcel, and in its center cuts a hole in it of 64m². Let's say they intend to use this 64m² and abandon the rest of the 512m². Is this considered illegitimate land cutting? If it is, does it make sense to report it?

Thanks, I know this link but it is unclear to me, hence I'm asking.

"Other prohibited land cutting includes subdividing land in a manner that decreases the ability of other residents to enjoy their land, collaborate and/or exercise land-management controls,"... "We want to keep Second Life beautiful too."

Effectively you're trashing the 512m² parcel if you cut a 64m² hole in the middle, at least from my point of view. So based on experience, is this considered illegitimate land cutting?

10 minutes ago, Bekka83 said:

Effectively you're trashing the 512m² parcel if you cut a 64m² hole in the middle, at least from my point of view. So based on experience, is this considered illegitimate land cutting?

Yes. If someone buys the parcel around the tiny cut out and contacts LL, they will move the cut out to the ouside of the parcel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/20/2022 at 12:48 AM, Bekka83 said:

Let's say someone has a 512m² parcel, and in its center cuts a hole in it of 64m². Let's say they intend to use this 64m² and abandon the rest of the 512m². Is this considered illegitimate land cutting? If it is, does it make sense to report it?

Yes, it's called a "donut hole" -- usually what happens is somebody holds that piece back to sell for an extortionist price and lure in someone to buy the rest even for a low price, then ruin their view with a spinning sign. If someone is in fact using the 64 m2 themselves (for what? an ad?) that might changed how it is viewed. No one is likely to get the abandoned land around it. Perhaps an AR might stick as the policy seems to fit it but if they haven't put it for sale, maybe not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.