TP offer sent while AFK

Anna Boo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I thought I had SL figured out by now, but...

Earlier today I was afk, during that time a teleport offer was somehow sent from me to 1 friend (that I know of). They didn't request a TP first. I'm not wearing any scripted object that would do this, I'm also not wearing any RLV items. I didn't set an Away or Unavailable status, only had Autorespond turned on.

Could this just be a glitch? Or something caused by an Experience I have enabled? None of those seem like it would do this though...

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Antibell said:

Could this just be a glitch?

Maybe, but a very odd one.

2 minutes ago, Antibell said:

Or something caused by an Experience I have enabled?

Not likely. I can't imagine any way to make an Experience do that.

3 minutes ago, Antibell said:

None of those seem like it would do this though...

Right, so maybe another possibility.... Other than what your friend told you, how do you know for sure that she was sent a TP offer by you?  Could she be pulling your leg?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Right, so maybe another possibility.... Other than what your friend told you, how do you know for sure that she was sent a TP offer by you?  Could she be pulling your leg?

No, I don't think this is likely at all, we don't have that kind of rapport with eachother. ☹️

It could be something that travellers sometimes experience. If one receives a TP offer while in transit between regions - either teleporting or travelling by boat, plane, bike or whatever - that TP offer may get stuck in the same limbus shared by IMs sent to offline avatars. You usually get those forwarded to mail (if so configured, offline IM to mail, mail verified etcpp) and you'll find them in your IM again upon login. 

So it could be they missed a TP offer earlier and only ever saw it the next day after logging in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Generally, IIRC, there should be a notice in YOUR IM to your friend that shows whether you offered a TP or not.  Check YOUR IM history with this other person to see if it shows.  As @CarlaWettersuggested, it may be a TP sent previously only now getting to your friend.  It's happened to me on several occasions.  Logging in to a TP request sent before I logged/crashed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

there should be a notice in YOUR IM to your friend that shows whether you offered a TP or not.

Hmm, yes I also usually only see the "teleport offered" message if I already had the IM session open with them, or if I check IM history like you said. But strangely in this case there is no such message at all, not even in the transcripts! 😥

I might have to agree that it's an old TP that was eaten by SL. Thanks for the tips everyone

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.