Looking for someone who can terraform for this build for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello for my sim I have purchased this and need help terraforming it since the build is not forming right. If anyone has experience with this particular build please contact me in second life. Willing to pay 2,000 Linden for the terraforming project. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Prefab-Sim-Build-Full-Sim-Homestead-Sim-Redemption-Hill/3432785

Edited by xxVi3perxx

2 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Hello for my sim I have purchased this and need help terraforming it since the build is not forming right. If anyone has experience with this particular build please contact me in second life. Willing to pay 2,000 Linden for the terraforming project. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Prefab-Sim-Build-Full-Sim-Homestead-Sim-Redemption-Hill/3432785

On reading the requirements for this build, they include this line...

RAW. File Included - Sent by email, the build does not work without it.

The actual owner of the land is generally the only one who can apply a RAW file to a region.  Since the build will not work without it, contact your landlord.  The rest should go easy once that is done if you follow the instructions.  The seller also notes full support if needed.

This explains what a RAW file is...

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Tips_for_Creating_Heightfields_and_Details_on_Terrain_RAW_Files

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

I would have to see the build in world to see how much work will be necessary to see if 2k the correct value for the job.   But if the above information is correct, simply apply the RAW file and everything should be placed perfectly fine.   The job could be done manually of course as a RAW file is just a pre-designed terraform of the entire sim.

23 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

On reading the requirements for this build, they include this line...

RAW. File Included - Sent by email, the build does not work without it.

The actual owner of the land is generally the only one who can apply a RAW file to a region.  Since the build will not work without it, contact your landlord.  The rest should go easy once that is done if you follow the instructions.  The seller also notes full support if needed.

This explains what a RAW file is...

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Tips_for_Creating_Heightfields_and_Details_on_Terrain_RAW_Files

The raw file has been applied by the people I rent from. its not not working for me on terraforming. some of the items are not even showing hence why I am needing help....

Snapshot_004.jpg

Edited by xxVi3perxx

For anyone curious (and maybe new?)  I thought this was pretty telling.

image.png.0697f90050c89dbf996bd9569b4ab148.png

IF this build was that popular and that great I think I would have seen it -- or heard of the store selling it?  I have items that I have sold many hundreds of times with NO reviews at all.  Anytime I see something like this I run away clickety split.  There is no place to see a demo of the build and the newest review from last year had issues getting the raw file.  There is no mention of LODs which is REALLY important on a whole sim build. 

ALSO of note, any raw file that I have used (I typically terraform by hand) still needed a fair amount of fine tuning. Not a simple fix.  

This is a $19,000  and ten year old build.    I hope the OP finds someone willing to deal with it.  

It seems likely that the main issue is that the whole build needs to be rotated. If that is it, typically deleting and starting over and rotating the rez box (?) would work.  The issue is that this cannot be redelivered and not everything is copy. 

Just like with the top selling online retailer in RL it is REALLY important to pay attention to all the info in the listing AND read (also carefully) the reviews.  And then you still end up with things that don't work as expected :(.

1 hour ago, xxVi3perxx said:

The raw file has been applied by the people I rent from. its not not working for me on terraforming. some of the items are not even showing hence why I am needing help....

Snapshot_004.jpg

Did you try contacting the seller as the ad on MP does say full support?

ETA.  It says self centering rez box.  This means rez it, it centers itself then you align it by rotating the box to fit the land.  I've used self centering boxes for SIM surrounds.

Edited by Rowan Amore

1 hour ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Snapshot_004.jpg

Contacted you in world, if you get back in touch with me i'll happily come take a look in world and see what's going on and how we can help.   If i'm not available one of my staff may be online and able to relay the message.  My office location is located here.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dreamseeker OS 7/122/97/24

• Like 1

I contacted the person we determined it was the RAW file causing the problem and the land owner has redone it I am pleased with it and yes I have read the reviews they were good reviews hence why I bought it. At this time I am not needing someone to terraform. 

23 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

For anyone curious (and maybe new?)  I thought this was pretty telling.

image.png.0697f90050c89dbf996bd9569b4ab148.png

IF this build was that popular and that great I think I would have seen it -- or heard of the store selling it?  I have items that I have sold many hundreds of times with NO reviews at all.  Anytime I see something like this I run away clickety split.  There is no place to see a demo of the build and the newest review from last year had issues getting the raw file.  There is no mention of LODs which is REALLY important on a whole sim build. 

ALSO of note, any raw file that I have used (I typically terraform by hand) still needed a fair amount of fine tuning. Not a simple fix.  

This is a $19,000  and ten year old build.    I hope the OP finds someone willing to deal with it.  

It seems likely that the main issue is that the whole build needs to be rotated. If that is it, typically deleting and starting over and rotating the rez box (?) would work.  The issue is that this cannot be redelivered and not everything is copy. 

Just like with the top selling online retailer in RL it is REALLY important to pay attention to all the info in the listing AND read (also carefully) the reviews.  And then you still end up with things that don't work as expected :(.

Yeah I can't terraform and basically wasted 80 bucks on it and still not working so I am giving up. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.