The "Rules" of Machinima?

Bunky Snowbear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dr Noob Poster2small.png

SL generally goes a bit slow. Not so noticeable when inworld but it does seem to show in machinima. I've tried to speed it up a bit, both increasing the speed of a clip and with fast-paced editing.

Here is my latest attempt. The film is due for release soon.

As machinima is an emerging medium, I guess there are no "rules" to speak of. But most of what I have seen tends to be more in the arthouse category. I've tried to bring a bit of the cinema into machinima, a tribute to some of the silver screens classic (and most popular) moments. All for the sake of giving myself and friends a bit of a giggle, but also trying to push the appeal and possibilities of machinima to a wider audience, outside SL. Wish me luck!

BTW, film shot with Xfire, edited in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. Filmed in low res because high res recording lags my computer too much which is no use for action sequences. If anyone has any suggestions other than buying a super-power computer I'd love to hear them.

• Like 1

:matte-motes-smile: Loved it. I have seen some mind-numbingly "arty" (dull and too long) videos made in SL, and on all-singing-all-dancing computers, and they didn't come anywhere close to being as entertaining as your short "Dr Noob" is. You've captured nicely what SL should be for most of us - light-hearted FUNNNNNN. Well done! Hope to see more.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) I'm currently putting the final pieces together and will release it within the next week (if all goes well). I won't be putting it on YouTube for several reasons, so watch this space. I'll put the details and the film in this thread, and I'll try to notify you inworld when it is released.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.