Marketplace Relevancy

Rockridge Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Rockridge Constantine said:

Why does a marketplace search for "gym equipment" yield results that include 2Life products by a certain creatore? 

Keyword spamming.   Look at the page source and you'll see it.  For a toilet paper product, the keywords listed are:
    "L I F E , mat, gym, gymnastics, Zooby, hud, animations, exercise, toddleedoo, td, adult, grown up, equipment, toilet, life2, life 2, tp, hygiene, children, adult, grown up"

Report the products for keyword spamming.

• Like 3

I entered Warehouse and even Only under Building Structures and it was returning bungalows, homes, gas stations and night clubs first.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Keyword spamming.   Look at the page source and you'll see it.  For a toilet paper product, the keywords listed are:
    "L I F E , mat, gym, gymnastics, Zooby, hud, animations, exercise, toddleedoo, td, adult, grown up, equipment, toilet, life2, life 2, tp, hygiene, children, adult, grown up"

Report the products for keyword spamming.

Yeah, but it's so rampant as I had discovered in the past, that I would be reporting hundreds of listings doing that, my finger would break off and or get carpal tunnel syndrome (and I suspect LL doesn't appreciate so many reports). They say to report it, but they really dont want you to  :D

It could literally be a full time job for a staff member to investigate and unlist all that do it, and they'd probably be busy for a year to catch up.

This is why Google moved away from keywords, and to analyzing contents in descriptions and an article instead, as it is more accurate and prevents people from gaming the system as they did in the past.

"A stylized sculpture of a horse that is black with gold reins, on stone platform and with grass accents" can be searched, and more accurate

"Wooden farm fence with iron rusted gate, and trellis arch for your garden"

"Cute little kitty tabby cat available in colors black, grey and orange. Meows at visitors when they come nearby."

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

but it's so rampant as I had discovered in the past, that I would be reporting hundreds of listings

you'r to kind .. at least a third to a half of the 8133998 listed items
( and LL doesn't care themself.. they want "us" to report, and put those in the lowest drawer)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.