Text Only Chat Hangouts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

heyas, guys!

looking to hang out with some other weirdoes, but i'm verbally handicapped and i don't have voice.  and it seems everybody is on voice these days :/

not sure exactly how to describe the vibe i'm looking for.  i'm weird.  non-human.  i like sci-fi, fantasy, horror, comedy (and fanfic, i confess).  i like intellectual topics, philosophical-ish...  and i guess mostly i just want to talk about my crazy artistic days, my existential crises, and funny anecdotes, with some people who are genuinely interested.  i know nobody's gonna be interested without meeting me and knowing me first, but...  that's kinda the general direction i want to go.

i'm ace, so no 'romantic' stuff.  or adult stuff.

or, basically, is there anybody/anyplace not on voice?  that i could check out?  thanks :)

• Confused 1

well... when i go to an event... nobody is (text) talking.  so... i THOUGHT that meant they were all on voice?

many classes and horse events are over voice.

and i didn't really want to go to a dance club or listen to a dj.  when i go to those, some people are like 'hi, how are you?' and then maybe make a sporadic comment about one of their friend's... something humorous, i dunno.  their dog.  their boat. their clothes.  their lag mishaps.  but people go there to dance and listen to music.  and im people, i guess?

i'm looking for a CHAT hangout.  though if there's a dj, i guess that means they don't want people talking over the music.  hmm.

i'll look into shenanigans.  thanks, lyndka!  :)

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:30 PM, Lyndka Cochrane said:

We can't promise to always be full of sparkling conversation but we don't have voice enabled on our main parcel for this reason - text chat makes folks thinks a little more before being an idiot. We do keep EU/UK hours though which might put you off...

Our website & Schedule

ShenaniganS Music Cafe in SL

The website gives me an error. Does it still work? 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:39 PM, Bloodsong Termagant said:

well... when i go to an event... nobody is (text) talking.  so... i THOUGHT that meant they were all on voice?

Wrong.

They are in IM trying to get laid. 

If you like to chat in open, the best if not only way is to iniciate it. Works for me most of the times.

• Like 7

I’ve recently returned to SL and visited an info-hub where everyone was using voice. Trust me, there is no quicker way to destroy the fantasy.  I turned off voice immediately and left for less depressing climes.

I think the old SL text chat is the only way to go for me. Besides, what would I do on a mic? Bark?

• Like 12

On 5/21/2022 at 7:39 AM, LydiavonK said:

The website gives me an error. Does it still work? 

Sorry - only just seen the post. Yes the website is working but our hosting provider has been doing some hardware upgrades & their load sharing is abysmal - that might have caught you out. :(

It's also not https so Google will whine like a little kid about it not being safe... It is safe - we don't need https - we're not taking any personal or financial data off you.

Edited by Lyndka Cochrane
to add information
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel free to drop by The Forum Cartel aka The Hangout anytime, and specifically Wednesday evenings from 6-8pm SLT.

Voice is not "forbidden" or anything,  but no one seems inclined to use it and we always text/type.

The group is diverse, intelligent, friendly, fun and we listen to music, play games (pictionary, trivia, etc.)....   dance a bit,  and laugh a lot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Wednesday ~   

I'll be at The Forum Cartel playing some tunes and hoping to see some old friends and make some new friends! ~

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/205/39/27

6pm SLT - 8pm SLT

All are welcome!  :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 10:48 PM, Lyndka Cochrane said:

Oook - you're worried about giving us an eMail address so we can reply to your message? Fair enough 🤔

Lyndka,

it's not about giving you an e-mail adress. It's about sending personal data via an insecure website.

SSL and https are normal Web-Standards today. For reasons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.