Sim surround in the sky?Mesh "land"?

Amberyl Ethaniel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi-So I have seen a couple sims that use a regular sim surround for a sky platform. However, you can't build on these, and they use one that has a hole inside but my question is..what would you use that is full sim sized as your land? This is nicely landscaped base with hills, cliffs etc. I've tried clicking on the platform but it won't say what was used..can anyone direct me?

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

A megaprim sculpt.

I know way back in the day we used to use megaprims but I thought maybe there was something more sophisticated today. This isn't just a huge flat prim, it has little hills, etc, looks really nice. I'll check on marketplace though and see if there are any.So basically I can rez a megaprim and then the surround in the air around it?

4 hours ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

I know way back in the day we used to use megaprims but I thought maybe there was something more sophisticated today. This isn't just a huge flat prim, it has little hills, etc, looks really nice. I'll check on marketplace though and see if there are any.So basically I can rez a megaprim and then the surround in the air around it?

There's no new methods, the mega prim *is* the sim surround.

7 hours ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

there are many, also new ones, on MP and inworld ( search mp will give you the stores)
It's just for better views, no other purpose.
And of course use only the right one for the size of your parcel/ region. ( there are several sizes) .. and also walkable parts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there are many, also new ones, on MP and inworld ( search mp will give you the stores)
And of course use only the right one for the size of your parcel/ region. ( there are several sizes) .. and also walkable parts.

Ah, so maybe that particular one they use has walkable parts..mine doesn't, that's why I was confused.

11 minutes ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Ah, so maybe that particular one they use has walkable parts..mine doesn't, that's why I was confused.

The mega prim/sculpt has to be big enough to fit the entire scenery inside of it, so there's nowhere to walk because you're inside of a massive ""solid"" area, though the mega prim has to be phantom to be at all useful, which is why you'll fall through it anyway.

You can get around this by using another mega prim that's very flat and non-phantom as the floor.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I've seen several on MP but they don't mention walkable parts, but will keep checking..looking for a whole sim platform in the sky basically with surround around it.

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You can get around this by using another mega prim that's very flat and non-phantom as the floor.

This one I saw had little walkable hills, valleys etc on the "floor" and the surround around that which is why I asked. Guess I'll have to remember where i saw it and see who the creator is and find it that way.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.