login and tp issue!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok theres this problem with the newer firestorm virsions where when i login on my avatar im stuck in place and can't move and if you try to say anything in local chat it don't work and i get a message saying linden labs has found that they found a degraded connection witch it shouldn't so i log out and back in and will get the same message again but can move but then my avatar wont load and be stuck as a cloud or takes longer to load  and nothing or no one will rez so i logout and in again some times have to log out and in as much as around 6 times give or take for everything to work this issue needs to be fixed! also when i try to teleport to a diferant sim get stuck in the teleport screen and will clic the cancel button and stop the tp i then can not move and can't see anyone or any thing! so will have to log out and back in! this also needs to be fixed! theres no reason this should be an issue! it never did this to me on older viewer versions! only been like this since the past year or so! really im sure other people been having this same issues! i mention here. really this needs fixing badly i don't see why this hasn't been fixed its so damned anoying and get upsetting that it hasn't been fixed not to mention its not just with firestorm ether!. also the newer version unlike the older ones i cant hear voice because of the stupid vivox they should go back to how it was before using vivox!

2 hours ago, LeoTheLoyal said:

linden labs has found that they found a degraded connection

2 hours ago, LeoTheLoyal said:

that it hasn't been fixed not to mention its not just with firestorm ether!.

Yep, that sounds like an internet issue and not a viewer problem.   Your connection to the SL servers must be consistent unlike your connection to the internet in general.  You may have a fast connection but NOT to SL.

firestorm_troubleshooting [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

Edited by Rowan Amore

@LeoTheLoyalSince you are adamant that the previous  instals gave you no ussues, I could check the Firewall and ant-virus settings you have.  It is advised by FS inworld support that you refresh all your AV settings and Firewall permissions for every new installation.  It sounds a bit overkill, I know but it does work.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

That all being said if it was happening "this past year or so" it is almost certainly your ISP or (less likely) it may be something as simple as your PC or modem now blocking a particular port.  Simple yes...easy to fix?  I would not know how.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.