Sharing prims

trenthenning

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have a private region/estate (one full sim of 30K prims and one homestead (HS) of 5K prims). I am about to buy another HS for my region and as I have spare prims not used from my full sim, can I "use" them in my HS's?

Hope this is not too confusing?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 hour ago, trenthenning said:

I disagree.

It is called economies of scale and amortising resources

But hey, we can agree to disagree.

Whether or not you can join two regions, you'd still be paying exactly the same amount: the price of two regions. So how would the alleged "cash grab" be reduced by allowing joining of those two regions?

On the contrary, one could argue that LL is making less money by disallowing joining, because more people might be tempted to buy a spare region if the regions could be joined and prims shared between them.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 12:26 PM, trenthenning said:

Hi,

I have a private region/estate (one full sim of 30K prims and one homestead (HS) of 5K prims). I am about to buy another HS for my region and as I have spare prims not used from my full sim, can I "use" them in my HS's?

Hope this is not too confusing?

Thanks in advance for your help

we can anchor the root prim on one region and have the linked prims positioned some way into our other region

the linked prims will be phantom on the other region tho (no physics shape). Which is generally ok for things like trees, bushes, plants and water prims. Which we often set to phantom anyways

it can also work ok with things like large rock and waterfall formations.  Link a multi-prim rock/water formation across the region boundary. And then use some less amount of prims from the target region to create a physics shape under the formation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.