Creators scamming with no refund policy for re-purchase

Lord Derryth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is in regard to inworld purchases.  I strongly feel LL should put an end to the creator scam of the policy for double purchasing.  I purchased the Legacy MeshBody for my alt not knowing I had purchased it in November of 2021.  When I contacted the creator, they respond with this.

" Hi there. Our policy is that both purchases must be made within 30 days of reaching out to us. As the initial purchase is over the 30 days it is outside the range of refund"

My response was this.

"I just want to point out sometimes people make mistakes.  I've been here nearly 19 years and I've seen it.  I've also seen creators honor it.  There is no harm done, no labor work or a loss on your end.  It's poor customer service.  It's a virtual world, not an item that was used and hard to resell.  Common sense.  The way I see it.  It's free 5,000L for you and a loss of $22.31 for me.  Basically, an extra product as a redelivery that cost me that price.  I know it's a scam to take lindens from people because that policy makes absolutely no sense."

Tell me please, how is it an inconvenience for them to refund a mistake made?  This policy needs to be banned from LL.  We're talking about $22.31.  This not chump change.  That's actually a lot of money made for a purchase that is virtual and does not require restock.  I believe creators use this policy to make extra Lindens from the customer.  It should be banned and not allowed.  Creators must honor the purchase.  You can say "NO REFUNDS."  At least honor a mistake made by re-purchase.  I basically did a redelivery for $22.31.  This is not something that's small.  That's someones real life money over a product that was created once and automatically sent to the customer without labor or hassle.  It's as simple as choosing the cutomers name and refunding 5,000L.  It's not hard.  

I feel really sad I lost $22.31.

Edited by Lord Derryth
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:12 PM, So Whimsy said:
On 4/9/2022 at 10:53 PM, Studcrusher said:

The merchants customer recordsgo back,  All The Way Back, to teh day they first opened with name of buyer, item bought and date and amount ect. Any merchant that says they don't is a out right liar

Please show me where, I'm quite interested to see all of these records.

me too, for inworld sales I use boxes or buy contents of an item. It's not any fancy vendor. The item is usually the vendor, which is set to buy contents. There are many people who do it this way, and SL supplies this method free and easy. But you only get the transaction history in your SL account going back one month unless you are premium.

This has nothing to do with MP sales. Read the original post.

Yep, you are right in case of inworld sales. Lots of ways to sell stuff inworld and the only records LL provides are limited to one respective three months. While you CAN dowload then in csv format, it's something one has to actively do themselves. Which certainly is't a habit for many people. I know it's not mine.

5 minutes ago, CarlaWetter said:

While you CAN dowload then in csv format, it's something one has to actively do themselves

I did this faithfully for years, and then I gave up on it because I didn't find it easy to maintain or use. And then you can forget to save it so you miss some and now it's not accurate. I prefer to use my time creating, and if people want a refund on one item it's a lot less time and effort to just give it to them.

On 4/9/2022 at 6:12 AM, So Whimsy said:

Please show me where, I'm quite interested to see all of these records.

If U R A Merchant then log in to MP then the command menu >My Market Place > Merchant Home then on the left select Transaction History. Mine goes back as far as 2014

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

me too, for inworld sales I use boxes or buy contents of an item. It's not any fancy vendor. The item is usually the vendor, which is set to buy contents. There are many people who do it this way, and SL supplies this method free and easy. But you only get the transaction history in your SL account going back one month unless you are premium.

This has nothing to do with MP sales. Read the original post.

Yes i looked into that way of doing things - using the sl system and I use it for any freebies i may b giving away. Freebies cant get too complicated.. (Can a customer want their free back if they don't like what they got for their free? Free don't grow on trees ya know?) I degrees.

My point is that when a merchant tells u that you have to supply the transaction number and date and all that it would b easier for them (me) to look up the name and tada. Or that u waited to long to ask for a refund, that is such a crock of crap it aint even funny. 

if u really want to annoy a merchant go bang on there re delivery terminal if any and get redelivered a few more times.

That wasn't the point was it, oops. Sorry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.