Question about buying land 1024 plot and land fees. very confused.

Magnus McGettigan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a 1024 plot of land instead of using my linden stilt home. I ended up just doing a skybox on my land but now im being charged 7 bucks a month. I thought if you were prem. and you gave up your house you got a free 1024 plot of land with no fees.This is my land fees page. https://gyazo.com/d307ebd1af848eb27d54fb5a275d551c If i screwed up than thank god i only wasted 550L on this land purchase.. Ill abandon and go back to a Linden home and just do the same thing there.. Since paying 7 bucks a month for a 1024 is about stupid to me. 

12 minutes ago, Magnus McGettigan said:

I just bought a 1024 plot of land instead of using my linden stilt home. I ended up just doing a skybox on my land but now im being charged 7 bucks a month. I thought if you were prem. and you gave up your house you got a free 1024 plot of land with no fees.This is my land fees page. https://gyazo.com/d307ebd1af848eb27d54fb5a275d551c If i screwed up than thank god i only wasted 550L on this land purchase.. Ill abandon and go back to a Linden home and just do the same thing there.. Since paying 7 bucks a month for a 1024 is about stupid to me. 

Go into Account Summary. It should tell you your next bill date and the amount you will be charged. But as long as you don't go over the 1024sqm premium land allowance you shouldn't be charged anything. Other than the 11 USD monthly membership

Edited by kevin Jerrold

7 minutes ago, Magnus McGettigan said:

Premium Bonus in Square Metres 1024sqm = your premium land instead of the Linden home.

Monthly cost = 0 because you haven't gone over the 1024sqm

2 hours ago, Magnus McGettigan said:

I thought if you were prem. and you gave up your house you got a free 1024 plot of land with no fees.

You are charged for your maximum land holdings in the month even if you abandoned land 1 second after buying it. if you owned the Linden Home at the same time as the land that's why you are being charged $7

• Like 2

The first month I didn't know I had to abandon my prem home until i saw a charge of 7.00 hit my account. .So once i saw the bill i abandoned my stilt home. So I figured I shouldn't be charged a second month. My land holdings are only the 1024 plot of land. As for Prem. i pay yearly and its not up until April 4th of this year.I submitted a ticket yesterday when it said i had a balance. Were see what happens. I appreciate the replies. I know if I would have kept my linden home.. Friends told me i would have been charged so im wondering if they bill early or i messed something up. 

If you were into the next billing cycle by the time you saw the $7 charge, and that's when you abandoned the Linden Home, then yes, you will be charged $7 in that next billing cycle as well. If you owned more than 1024 total at any time during a billing cycle, you get billed. 

Example:

1) Month 1 - you own a LH and 1024 mainland - you will be billed $7

2) Month 2 - you see bill for Month 1 and promptly abandon the LH - you will be billed $7 because during this billing cycle, you had the LH, even if it wasn't for the entire month

3) Month 3 - you do not have the LH at all this month, so because you only have the 1024 Mainland for the entire month, you do not get charged $7

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.