Question about group bonus and tier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, not sure how well i will explain this, but here goes.

I have two premium accounts and my own land group, so technically i can own 2048sqm of land, plus 10% group bonus, so a total of 2252 sqm and not pay any additional tier.

Let's say i want to bump up my tier without having another account - and i want to use the 2048 sqm level at 13USD a month. 

So, that means I will be paying 13 USD per month, but how much land will I be able to own at that level? 

Will it be 2252 (current amount including bonus +2048 (new tier) = 4300sqm? 

Or will the 10% bonus apply to all land in the group, even if I am paying separately for the second 2048 part, therefore making it 4096 +10% = 4505 sqm ?

Ok so rather than starting another thread, I'll tack on another question here and hope someone reads it.

Let's say I want to sell a parcel to my alt - i know how to do this, but i don't want any objects returned.

So, with everything on the parcel set to my land group, do I just need to turn auto-return off, and enable rezzing, and everything will just stay there?

Secondly, once the parcel ownership is transferred, I'd only need to then set it to the same land group, and everything will stay put, even after auto-return is switched back on  - does that sound right?  Trying to think if I have forgotten anything.

Assuming the buyer has enough tier to cover the parcel (the talk of group ownership kinda clouds that topic), I think you're on the right track. I don't think you need to worry about enabling rezzing but I, too, always turn off auto-return before selling land even though an ownership change should do that automatically. Just be sure to choose the "No, keep ownership of objects" option when you set the land for sale:

1589725817_Screenshot2022-03-05105112.png.ee0d319e236bed8c486b0769a0515e51.png

That's not really about auto-return, but changing ownership of objects is fraught with peril because "Next Owner" permissions will apply and that's sometimes not what's intended.

Then, yeah, when the new owner takes over and sets the land back to the right group, they can refresh the About Land: Objects tab to make sure everything is set to group before turning on auto-return again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Ok so rather than starting another thread, I'll tack on another question here and hope someone reads it.

Let's say I want to sell a parcel to my alt - i know how to do this, but i don't want any objects returned.

So, with everything on the parcel set to my land group, do I just need to turn auto-return off, and enable rezzing, and everything will just stay there?

Secondly, once the parcel ownership is transferred, I'd only need to then set it to the same land group, and everything will stay put, even after auto-return is switched back on  - does that sound right?  Trying to think if I have forgotten anything.

Are you talking about "set" to land group or "deed" to land group?

Only "deeded" property benefits from the land 10% bonus.   If already deeded, there is no reason to sell to an alt who would deed it back to the land group, because it is already owned by the land group.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.