Help Please ... Transparent Dreamlike Avatar

AdoriModel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all you fabulous builders!  I am hoping someone can guide me on my quest.

I am creating a dance routine, kind of a dream like sequence where the male is maybe transparent?  I would love to have it look like the female dancer is dancing with the male memory, if that makes any sense. Is there a way to make an avatar and his clothing semi transparent so it gives off this dream like effect? 

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated. Thank you!

54 minutes ago, AdoriModel said:

Hi all you fabulous builders!  I am hoping someone can guide me on my quest.

I am creating a dance routine, kind of a dream like sequence where the male is maybe transparent?  I would love to have it look like the female dancer is dancing with the male memory, if that makes any sense. Is there a way to make an avatar and his clothing semi transparent so it gives off this dream like effect? 

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated. Thank you!

One idea:

get a mesh rigged body - apply a partly transparent texture to it - have the male dancer wear an alpha to hide their own body and head 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

One idea:

get a mesh rigged body - apply a partly transparent texture to it - have the male dancer wear an alpha to hide their own body and head 

Hi Emma. Thank you for your response. So if I get a full perm mesh head/body, then I could make him transparent? And I could do the same with full perm clothing for him? That is a great idea. I really appreciate your help!

• Like 1

If youre passing the body on, then yes you need full perm.

If you're the dancer then it doesn't matter about being transferable. It HAS to be modify. Copy would be good.

You could use the Ruth or Roth free mesh avatars (I think Vlad Backburn "sells" them) - there's also a lot of clothing for them (i just typed Roth into Marketplace search and it came up with a lot.

You will need a texture you can drag onto the body surface - if it's mapped for skin like the classic avatar (as are Ruth and Roth), drag it onto the head, upper and lower body.

As long as the clothing is modifiable, you can do make that transparent too. Either by setting transparency or applying a texture and you may need to experiment with alpha masking a bit, to stop the alphas glitching. 

Edited by Emma Krokus
I swear the typos happen after I hit submit!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

If youre passing the body on, then yes you need full perm.

If you're the dancer then it doesn't matter about being transferable. It HAS to be modify. Copy would be good.

You could use the Ruth or Roth free mesh avatars (I think Vlad Backburn "sells" them) - there's also a lot of clothing for them (i just typed Roth into Marketplace search and it came up with a lot.

You will need a texture you can drag onto the body surface - if it's mapped for skin like the classic avatar (as are Ruth and Roth), drag it onto the head, upper and lower body.

As long as the clothing is modifiable, you can do make that transparent too. Either by setting transparency or applying a texture and you may need to experiment with alpha masking a bit, to stop the alphas glitching. 

I just found the Roth avatar. And yes, I would need to sell this to my male dancer once I have complete, so would need full perm.  I truly appreciate your guidance, Emma. Thank you again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.