Festival concert blanket seating.

Schatzi Timmerman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I posted this at 'Creators' but it was suggested I repost here. Perhaps someone might wish to give it a try.

I am putting together a outdoor concert venue. I have all the elements required (not cheap, trust me) to present a good listening environment. However, I am looking for one last feature that perhaps a creator can produce (maybe never thought of?).

I'm looking for a combination sitting/dancing blanket. Allow me to explain.

A blanket that will allow a single/couple sit (pg) or dance. Have maybe three single/couple sits. A few single/couple dances. Might have a few texture changes for the blanket. The blanket could eliminate the ugly pose balls and dance tabs used in line dancing anims.

I've searched MP and have not found anything like what I described. I'm not hiring any one to to produce, but to throw this idea out there. Maybe it's been done in the past and I missed it. A good creator could probably put one together in a matter of hours.

If someone can point out such a product, let me know. Otherwise, my suggestion stands.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 6:58 PM, Annabell Wandsworth said:

It would not be hard to create, but would require the maker to have dances CT to be able to give to you and you copy, and that would likely make the item more expensive than is reasonable.

You might want to think about just having the blanket with the sits. Just saying.

Apologies for the late response, but I do see your point.

The venue will have dance huds available, but I'm trying to keep it clutter free (line dance tabs, pose balls out in the open...).

Blankets with sits/cuddles (PG) is my main objective. I guess there are blankets with copy/mod/perm abilities. I would just have to find appropriate sits to attach. Obviously, I am not a creator.

Have to start somewhere. Wish me luck.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:20 AM, Schatzi Timmerman said:

Apologies for the late response, but I do see your point.

The venue will have dance huds available, but I'm trying to keep it clutter free (line dance tabs, pose balls out in the open...).

Blankets with sits/cuddles (PG) is my main objective. I guess there are blankets with copy/mod/perm abilities. I would just have to find appropriate sits to attach. Obviously, I am not a creator.

Have to start somewhere. Wish me luck.

Blankets with sits and cuddles are certainly available, but you will not be able to add your own sits. Please contact me inworld.

6 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Blankets with sits and cuddles are certainly available, but you will not be able to add your own sits. Please contact me inworld.

This is certainly true for some. In my experience, a lot of furniture (blankets and rugs included) come with modify permissions and include AVsitter as the animation menu. If the [AV]adjuster object and [AV]helper script are included in contents, you can add your own animations, position the avatar(s) to your liking and save the positions to the AVpos notecard. The AVsitter website is very helpful in that as are the many linked videos. (| AVsitter™ documentation)

If the furniture does not use AVsitter but is modifiable, you can sometimes still add your own animations. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:44 AM, Emma Krokus said:

This is certainly true for some. In my experience, a lot of furniture (blankets and rugs included) come with modify permissions and include AVsitter as the animation menu. If the [AV]adjuster object and [AV]helper script are included in contents, you can add your own animations, position the avatar(s) to your liking and save the positions to the AVpos notecard. The AVsitter website is very helpful in that as are the many linked videos. (| AVsitter™ documentation)

If the furniture does not use AVsitter but is modifiable, you can sometimes still add your own animations. 

I agree, and I can create a rug with sits with the AV sitter with mod perms you could add your own dances to.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:44 AM, Emma Krokus said:

If that is the case, would that include removing some animations as well? I would think if I located something close to what I envision, removed unneeded animations, added my sits/cuddles/dance moves, I would be infringing on someones true creation.

I've found one store that deals in full perm animations and they offer a few sits I could use. I purchased one for now, just for experimenting with. If anyone could recommend other shops that offer full perm sits (show mo?), it would be appreciated.

Edited by Schatzi Timmerman

If an object has been left modifiable, I feel modifying it to your requirements is acceptable.

So you can delete included animations and add your own.

There are a large number of animation shops in SL - check out their wares on Marketplace and make sure you visit inworld to test their animations before you buy. (There will usually be "pose stands" in the shops that left you try the animations before you buy.)

It might be worth checking out the full perm fair, running till 30th...? January for some bargains.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Schatzi Timmerman said:

If that is the case, would that include removing some animations as well? I would think if I located something close to what I envision, removed unneeded animations, added my sits/cuddles/dance moves, I would be infringing on someones true creation.

I've found one store that deals in full perm animations and they offer a few sits I could use. I purchased one for now, just for experimenting with. If anyone could recommend other shops that offer full perm sits (show mo?), it would be appreciated.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I can make a rug with sits and leave in all the AV sitter scripts. 

I also sent you a message inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.