KashKrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is occuring in both the official Second Life viewer and Firestorm. As soon as I log in, my avatar starts jumping and I can't get it to stop. RLV is not enabled, and I can't access menus, they just flash and disappear. Thanks in advance! (I can't get a video clip small enough to attach.)

Second Life Release 6.5.1.566335 (64bit)
Release Notes

CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz (2496 MHz)
Memory: 32441 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 22000.376)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.100.9664
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 472.12

Window size: 1920x1009
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 5
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 512MB
Disk cache: Max size 204.0 MB (100.0% used)

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.01.07
Dullahan: 1.12.3.202111032221
  CEF: 91.1.21+g9dd45fe+chromium-91.0.4472.114
  Chromium: 91.0.4472.114
LibVLC Version: 3.0.16
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
December 16 2021 09:58:25

Edited by KashKrawford

14 answers to this question

Can you access your inventory?  If so, go to the Library section. Choose one of the avatars in Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits. Right click it and choose Replace Outfit.

Alternatively, select the Developer menu, then Render Tests and Test Female, or Test Male.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

Do you still jump if you disconnect your keyboard (pull it out of the USB port)? If you have a wireless keyboard, turning the keyboard off should have the same effect.

If that makes you stop jumping, we know it is caused by the keyboard. 

If you still jump in spite of the keyboard being disconnected, it MAY be something on your avatar, in which case Lindal's suggestion would be helpful.

• Like 1

Kash, is there anyone else at all with you in the region where this is happening?

If so, teleport to a region where there is no one else. Then do Avatar > Avatar Health > Stop Animations and Revoke Permissions again.

Also, go into the Advanced menu (CTRL+ALT+D, if it isn't already on your top menu bar). Select Advanced > Release Keys.

Do you have a USB game controller, like XBox, connected? If so disconnect it and if that doesn't stop it, reboot. I had the same problem in NEOS, and posted a request on their Discord help channel (having forgetten,) and that fixed it in NEOS also.

I'm running into this also - both Firestorm and I downloaded the second life viewer again and it's happening there too... even with using an emote ball my avatar slowly glides into the air.

I also attempted a clean install, deleting all versions of the game and files from my pc then reinstalling and it's still broke..

even on alt characters for me.

Edited by Namydim Okelly

Having the same issue.  Started suddenly and unexpectedly in Firestorm.  Loaded the stock LL SL client and it worked normally until it suddenly started experiencing the same issue.  Multiple avatars.  Stripped the AV to base model, no change.  Removed everything from USB on the PC, and no change.  When I log in it's OK, except the camera position is off.  When I hit escape to "recenter" the camera, it starts jumping.

The Up Arrow is fixed on with the on screen movement controls.  _Unless_ flying, in which case it goes out and everything is normal until I land.  Then back to jumping.  Have done Advanced: Release Controls to no effect.

At a loss here.  Kind of kills my ability to use SL on my main machine.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, KashKrawford said:

This is occuring in both the official Second Life viewer and Firestorm. As soon as I log in, my avatar starts jumping and I can't get it to stop. RLV is not enabled, and I can't access menus, they just flash and disappear. Thanks in advance! (I can't get a video clip small enough to attach.)

@KashKrawford Was this issue ever resolved? I myself am having the same problem. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.