How to keep the visual privacy on our parcel in the same coordinates, but in other altitudes ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know there are places where the PARCEL OWNERS can rent skyboxes and avoid the tenants from SEEING EACH OTHER ( e.g. $60 Linden Rentals Multi-Scene Skyboxes ).My question is "How they do this ?" (don't allow avatars to see each others=caming ).I ask because the tenants are in the same parcel/sim and belong to the same group,even in the same coordinates ( only changing the "Z" level ) so what's the trick that the manager does to keep the privacy ? Is it a gadget or what ? My friend has a 1/4 sim and she wants to open the ground level  for free visiting, but keeping the privacy on her skybox, she doens't want to be spied. Any hint ?

Edited by RicDelMoro

What you are asking for is not really possible - there is no system tool that could prevent you from caming to another structure on the same parcel. If you were able to see such installations, then they MUST have been on separate parcels. Eventually put so far apart from each other, that under normal conditions (and preferences set) the viewer would not render them. Zooming in would still be possible, however. See more:

• Like 1

Restricting (or expanding) radar range to 4096m is not the same thing as setting up draw distance to that value (or just 1024m; which is definitely not advised to do anyway). Everyone within the draw distance is shown in bold font on your radar (the "distance" column, to be exact).

• Like 1

I hope posting those names it's not breaking SL rules,,if it's braking some rules please LL remove the pics...thank you...Otherwise it's a important proof of what I said...You guys please pay attention in the name "seduction15", that AVI was just 113 meters above my head !! Same sim, same parcel.

Edited by RicDelMoro

If the advertising is true and every tenant has their own parcel, then this...

2 hours ago, RicDelMoro said:

I ask because the tenants are in the same parcel

... does not apply and the usual SL grid systems are in place - "do not see avatars on other parcels and do not let avatars on other parcels see avatars on this parcel". Therefore, it's not magic and as long as you're outside the parcel you won't see anyone that is inside it. As for your previous post where you are within the same parcel as other avatars - just pull up the draw distance to 1024m for a single minute, not longer, and share your experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pantera, I know what you mean and when I took the pics I was with maximun distance and "no limit" complexity, but anyway it is a bad time to start a investigation because the owner of the rentals is vanished and the officer girl is very upset...so it will remain as a mistery for while 👽 But maybe it's a clever trick dealing with the size of the terrains, I noticed the place I am has 1024 m2, or 32 x 32.So if she placed each skybox in the small 32 x 32 areas and set no visibility, it could be the answer.

zzzz6.JPG

but at the same doesn't make sense the avatar in the same region/ parcel near me doesn't be visible, the colour in the avi square was green/orange

zzzzz7.JPG

Edited by RicDelMoro

If avatar privacy is enabled on the parcel, it's also split into two sections by height, I believe the lower section is where ban-lines would be. (This only works when the parcel ban list has at least one avatar on it because of a bug, if I recall.)

If you are at ground-level, you won't see anyone in the sky, and vice versa. But if you are at 1000 meters, you'll be able to see someone at 10'000 meters because you are both in the upper section of the parcel.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If avatar privacy is enabled on the parcel, it's also split into two sections by height, I believe the lower section is where ban-lines would be. (This only works when the parcel ban list has at least one avatar on it because of a bug, if I recall.)

If you are at ground-level, you won't see anyone in the sky, and vice versa. But if you are at 1000 meters, you'll be able to see someone at 10'000 meters because you are both in the upper section of the parcel.

You beat me to it and it was included in the link to another thread posted here.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:48 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Just wanted to mention a couple of things in case some are not aware.

The "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel" setting is for parcel privacy.

When parcel privacy was first offered, there was no z height or "ceiling" where this behavior could be realized between one avatar height and another.

A few months after its release, LL offered a ceiling which starts at ground height + 50 meters.

This means if your avatar is below this ceiling and another avatar is above it and both of you are on the same parcel, you won't be able to see or hear each other(chat only, IMs still work).

When this ceiling was offered, there was a bug introduced that prevented parcel privacy from working if there was not at least one agent on the parcel ban list.

Recently, there was another bug introduced on full region estates that breaks the parcel privacy ceiling.

In regards to this, there "seems" to actually be a region setting to block avatars on privacy parcels from showing on the minimap or radar, but LL has yet to offer it publicly.

A few years ago I managed to find one region where this behavior was enabled: https://gyazo.com/043ec6a918fc32940f24bf31d0408ee8

Said region had this setting turned off a few days later and I have yet to find another region with the setting enabled. 😢

BTW, in that video, I am NOT leaving the region and re-entering. I am leaving one parcel and going to another parcel in the same region.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who contributed, each piece was fitting into this puzzle : 
The privacy in the advertisement is only relative, because the owner divided the sim in small pieces  trying to make it work...BUT If we are in the same small parcel ( with the avatars symbols in green+yellow on the map) we CAN see the other avis, but we have to be over 100m high.At the ground level we can't see.Mystery solved .
Finally, I'd like to suggest that LindenLab improve this "100m high" feature, maybe dividing in more vertical spaces, you wise people that have good transit with the Linden guys can give suggestions too .

Edited by RicDelMoro

7 minutes ago, RicDelMoro said:

Thanks to everyone who contributed, each piece was fitting into this puzzle : 
The privacy in the advertisement is only relative, because the owner divided the sim in small pieces  trying to make it work...BUT If we are in the same small parcel ( with the avatars symbols in green+yellow on the map) we CAN see the other avis, but we have to be over 100m high.At the ground level you can't see.Mystery solved .
Finally, I'd like to suggest that LindenLab improve this "100m high" feature, maybe dividing in more vertical spaces, you wise people that have good transit with the Linden guys can give suggestions too .

Anyone can use the Jira to file a feature request...just FYI.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.