How to deal with very big sims and lagging issue?

TolyaViz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes just leaving your av there for 5/10 minutes while you go make a drink/or do whatever takes your fancy and when you come back everything should be rezzed and less laggy. 

You can also cut down your draw distance and use low graphic settings. 

If you are not bothered about seieng other residents you can choose "show friends only" In the world options tab.

Or if you still want to see others you could cut down avatar complexity in preferences so that "heavy laggy" Avs aren't rendered. (I see some avs with 2/3/400 complexity, lord knows what they are wearing, my av is usually about 30-50 complexity so the mind bloggles.

I have seen some people suggest wearing a full head to toe alpha to make urself invisible but never tried that.

That's all my tricks, others may have some more.

Edited by Carolyn Zapedzki

10 minutes ago, TolyaViz said:

just make a visit at "crackden' for well build RP SIM....but found is lagging so much that FPS drop to just one digit.

How should i set my Graphic Preference to combat this issue folk?

If you are on Firestorm post printscreens of your Avatar > Preferences > Graphics > General tab + Hardware Settings tab,  and also you VGA card model.

There might be more than just settings at play here, so it is always useful to be able to see the info from the viewer's top-bar menu Help -> About [viewer name] - Info Tab. Copy/paste that entire page to a post here. (If you would like to keep Location meaningless, go to an LL water sim, e.g. HATTON, to collect this data, or simply edit the Location out before posting.) 

This can sometimes highlight a few extra problems not otherwise evident.

Edited by Odaks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.