What are the best Alternatives to access Beta Grid or Similar for testing Mesh without Support Ticket

NardweBones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Currently there are a few moment in time a user may feel they need to access a Beta grid of some sort for testing without having to spend $L, however on some occasions a user may find themself unable to use the Beta Grid as not having previous setup an account vie a Support Ticket (Or so it may apear?)

What might be the best possible solutions to circumvent this until the user is able to gain access to the Official Second Life Public/Private Beta?

I have been told Open Sim and possibly changing your password might cause a Beta Account sync but have not been able to get either accounts I own into the Grid. (And would Open Sim work given the user might be testing something more Viewer/Grid/Region Specific to Second Life?)

Can Open Sim be used so run LSL and ALL its scripting exactly? (I was unsure this would hold true in all cases thus needing access to possible something more SL Backended if there even is a difference) 

-Confirmed not all LSL script in Open Sim would work, however most of the older function will and other functions will with subtle differences.

Currently when  I ask in groups people are dividid on the proccess (some say you can just login, but this was probably back 10+ years ago and the oldest account I have access to currently is only 4 Years Old)

Edited by NardweBones

2 answers to this question

Nothing you do with Open Simulator will affect Second Life, and vice versa. They are totally disconnected.

Open Simulator is mostly, but not fully, compatible with Second Life. Mesh uploads should work. Scripts should mostly work. Open Simulator is a completely different implementation. All different code, written by different people, in a different programing language. It uses (mostly) the same network messages and asset formats as Second Life, so the viewers are (mostly) compatible.

You have to ask, via support ticket, for access to the beta grid. I don't think you have to have a premium membership, but it helps, because ticket response is faster.

Syncing between the beta grid (Aditi) and the main grid (Agni) has been semi-broken for years. If you ask via ticket for a manual sync, you can usually get one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.