DJ JOB NEEDED

victoravatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to try out being a DJ on Second Life. It will be my first time. I've been a host before a few times but never a DJ. I would like to do pop songs only! That's the only genre i want to dj. You can msg me in world if i don't respond here. In world name : Victoravatar Resident. I speak english good but it is not my first language. Also I don't want to use a mic. :D

Very few clubs will not require you to use a mic or hire someone with no experience. What kind of DJ set up do you have?

Also, with such a stringent requirement that you only do pop songs that makes it 10 times harder.  Remember that you are representing their club.  What about the places you hosted for? Have you asked if you could do a few sets for free or asked them to hire you? IMO you are asking a lot. 

13 hours ago, victoravatar said:

I want to try out being a DJ on Second Life. It will be my first time. I've been a host before a few times but never a DJ. I would like to do pop songs only! That's the only genre i want to dj. You can msg me in world if i don't respond here. In world name : Victoravatar Resident. I speak english good but it is not my first language. Also I don't want to use a mic. :D

Club Havoc takes up no experienced DJs. They also have a time for no mic use. So you would have to check up on that when you apply for it. And Club Havoc has been newly renamed as Club Illusion as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Club Havoc takes up no experienced DJs. They also have a time for no mic use. So you would have to check up on that when you apply for it. And Club Havoc has been newly renamed as Club Illusion as well.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Very few clubs will not require you to use a mic or hire someone with no experience. What kind of DJ set up do you have?

Also, with such a stringent requirement that you only do pop songs that makes it 10 times harder.  Remember that you are representing their club.  What about the places you hosted for? Have you asked if you could do a few sets for free or asked them to hire you? IMO you are asking a lot. 

Well i mostly like pop genre that's why. And SL is a game after all idk why ''im asking too much'' but also the clubs i used to host at that was a few years ago i dont remember their names or the location maybe they even have changed the sim by now idk id have to look over my landmarks from a few years ago chances are 0 though lol and ik that not having experience sucks but u gotta start from somewhere right .-.

Edited by victoravatar

2 hours ago, victoravatar said:

Well i mostly like pop genre that's why. And SL is a game after all idk why ''im asking too much'' but also the clubs i used to host at that was a few years ago i dont remember their names or the location maybe they even have changed the sim by now idk id have to look over my landmarks from a few years ago chances are 0 though lol and ik that not having experience sucks but u gotta start from somewhere right .-.

Club illusion (formerly Havoc), you can play any genre except for Country.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:18 AM, victoravatar said:

I want to try out being a DJ on Second Life. It will be my first time.

you can do a lot of pre work at your home in rl... practice with the mix equipment and broadcast, make playlists, know what mucic you have ...
And of course, buy the right music, don't rip it from youtube, the quality will be hearable.

ALso check carefully what the rules about broadcasting are in your country. Mostly it will be quite safe to do it illegal, but there are also countries that are more active in maintaining legal broadcasters ( what you will be as DJ) and can give serious fines. Calculate your risk  :) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.