Tweaking mesh body?

Chiryll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have some general questions.I want a mesh body where I can make the hips and the ass significantly narrower than the bust and the thighs not so strong (so rather the opposite as usual) and I don't want the ass to stick out so far back.  And I want to wear a standard system skin. Will both work with maitreya Lara body and petite add on? It is possible at all?

Edited by Chiryll

I have the Maitreya body and I know you can make it quite small, in fact pretty  skinny, so you probably can get the shape you want.  As for the Petite add on, I am under the impression that is an alternate bust size  only, and for those who want smaller breasts than they can get with the normal Maitreya.  I don't think it changes anything below the bust.  I could be wrong though.  A standard system skin might have some issues with nipples and toes, hands,  depending on how the skin is designed that's why skin makers do not do a one skin fits all thing, but rather a skin for a specific body so all the parts fit where they are supposed to.

• Thanks 1

Right, the petite (or even the flat) add-on will only change the chest area.

If the opportunities with normal shape editing are still too wide, too curvy, too whatever, you might want to look at deformers, usually sold on the Marketplace. You can usually combine those, till you get the desired effect. Do keep in mind, though, that rigged clothing does not work too well with these body mods, so glitching or strange bumps may be seen.

As for the system skin: nails and toes will most likely mismatch their intented placement. There are cover ups and blenders to hide these effects, Izzie's for example is a popular creator with great ideas and very well done stuff.

Some mesh body savvyness will most likely help you. Like a lot.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I have the Maitreya body and I know you can make it quite small, in fact pretty  skinny, so you probably can get the shape you want.  

16 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Right, the petite (or even the flat) add-on will only change the chest area.

That's nice, now I am sure what to use :) So I could combine the possibility of the mesh shape changing and the design of the petite.

For the skin: I have specific ideas for what is seen from the anatomy, i.e. a of the skeleton under the skin, the rips. I could create these as tattoos and can wear them in addition to a bought mesh matching skin?

Mesh bodies has demos. There is no need to ask how thin they goes or if they can wear system skins. Edit the demo. It is no limits with the demo. What you can do with it, you can do on the body itself with the siders, and vice versa.

I have also heard that Tonic Fine, Belleza Isis and Slink Physique can be very thin. But you end up with narrower options for clothes. For Belleza and Slink is the thin bodies more or less abandoned by clothes makers, they make for the thicc versions now.

I do not mean to be rude when I say you must edit the demo yourself. Ask 100 people what they mean with thin and narrow, and you can get very varied answers. In the avatar forum, so many has asked for not so pouty lips, (just an example) and came back to show what they mean is thinner lips, and I just "what?". But I did not comment, of course.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.