a very strange problem ....

Phoenixx Darkheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

greetings everyone,

I'm here to ask about a very strange problem i encountered, many bots (around 30 or more) show up randomly inside my home at random times, 1 at a time, 1-3 per day, its not particularly harmful, but then i learned these bots track me literally in every sim i go to, and 3 or more of these bots state they are alts for a person who enjoy tracking and annoying people for some inappropriate reason that i cant state here since its disgusting, i tried to contact the Linden Labs support multiple times, and all i got was i should abuse report these bots instead of filing a ticking, and i kept abuse reporting these bots each time i see them, and its been around 4 or more months of them following me, yet nothing has happened and non of them got banned, despite some of them explicitly stating in their description that they are used for harassment and tracking people.

i do not know how they can find where i am and how they can teleport to me on other sims, i have my map access disabled for all my friends, and all the things i wear are from reputable brands and i doubt any of them contain a tracking script, i have tried to do everything possible to get rid of these bots but unfortunately i failed, this is why I'm here asking, I'm sure many of you suffer from the same problem too by the same bots as i have seen someone people in world who complained about it.

what can i do about it? or what can we do about it? do we just accept being stalked and random bots teleporting in our homes and above our heads at random times? if abuse reporting them doesn't do a thing, then what shall i do about it??

edit note : before anyone tell me they are survey bots, then why they indicate in their profiles they are being used for harassment and abuse to make people freak out and quit sl?

thank you for reading it to the end, and hope you all have a nice day.

Edited by Vidar Starlight
added a note line

4 answers to this question

it often comes down to how we deal mentally with this kind of thing. Pretty much who is more relentless, us or our stalker

i have had stalkers in my past. I just don't quit, and I never engage. Just silently block and ban and never give it another thought

some advice on Abuse Reports based on my experience

the first is that Linden will not act on a abuse report about an unwanted avatar on our own land when that avatar is not doing anything that contravenes the ToS.  We control access to our land. Eject and ban

the second is, on another land (not ours) then Linden will not act on an Abuse Report when the avatar is just present and is not doing anything that contravenes the ToS. No matter how unsettling we might find feel this to be

ps. I still get spy bots looking me up sometimes. Like I be by myself inworld somewhere. Some bot who is way down in my block list drops in on subsequent occasions to check up on me. Sometimes I think the bots gets more aggrieved than I do, as they silently observe my even more silent stoneface

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

it often comes down to how we deal mentally with this kind of thing. Pretty much who is more relentless, us or our stalker

i have had stalkers in my past. I just don't quit, and I never engage. Just silently block and ban and never give it another thought

some advice on Abuse Reports based on my experience

the first is that Linden will not act on a abuse report about an unwanted avatar on our own land when that avatar is not doing anything that contravenes the ToS.  We control access to our land. Eject and ban

the second is, on another land (not ours) then Linden will not act on an Abuse Report when the avatar is just present and is not doing anything that contravenes the ToS. No matter how unsettling we might find feel this to be

ps. I still get spy bots looking me up sometimes. Like I be by myself inworld somewhere. Some bot who is way down in my block list drops in on subsequent occasions to check up on me. Sometimes I think the bots gets more aggrieved than I do, as they silently observe my even more silent stoneface

what about explicitly stating they are being used for stalking and harassment in their profile description? isnt that enough evidence to get them banned? its against the TOS, also they have racist words there too, and reporting them does nothing, its been 4 months, i just learned to block and ignore them, but its still so annoying

Just now, Vidar Starlight said:

what about explicitly stating they are being used for stalking and harassment in their profile description? isnt that enough evidence to get them banned? its against the TOS, also they have racist words there too, and reporting them does nothing, its been 4 months, i just learned to block and ignore them, but its still so annoying

yes profiles can be abuse reported. Whether a profile warrants the account getting banning only Linden Governance can determine

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.