catch a animation

Akiko Manamiko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i login to my sim, i catch a animation, even when i wear "nothing" and that animation overwrites my ao  partly.

thank you i know that wearing a ao is not nothing. with "nothing" i mean shape, skin, eys, eyebrows. but even so my avatar gets animated when i login to my sim. when i login to a other simi dont get animated, but when i TP to my sim its starts and it stays until i logout and login to a other sim. its so strange.

the animation comes from a baby carriage. its the push animation. i took the baby carriage back in my inventory before but the animation is still running on my sim. now i did > phoenix viewer > phoenix > animation explorer > stop+revoke but when i walk i still make the push animation. is that scrip in a lost prim on my sim or is it running independently?

4 answers to this question

Hmm, you shouldn't be able to be animated unless you accept it. If you are wearing your ao you are not wearing nothing. Take everything off, including your ao and all attachments and see what happens. You can wear shirt and pants.

reply to edit: I agree, that is strange. My thought is that something in your ao for whatever reason is conflicting with whatever is going on in your sim, so hence the suggestion to remove it.

You are not on a type of viewer that allows others to control you, are you?

reply to new edit: until the others come back, I can only guess now. I would try to rez the baby carriage, push it or whatever you need to do to activate the animation, and then choose the option to make the animation stop. Hopefully this will tell the script that you are done pushing and then you can take the carriage back into inventory and even if the animation is still on your land, its last command would have told it to stop animating you. 

• Like 3

Hi Akiko,

Do you recognise where you have seen the animations before?

As it is only happening on your sim, it sounds like something that happened to a friend of mine. He had accidentally rezzed an AO on his sim & because it was running and owned by him it obviously still worked to control his avatar.

It was small & invisible so not easy to find, but if you go through the top scripts for your sim you might be able to see if you have something rezzed that has animations in it. It would certainly help of you did recognise where the animation was from so that you know what to look for.

• Like 1

Apparently you have something rezzed on your sim that somewhen back in time got animation permission from you and still has. This has not necessarily be an AO, it could be poseballs or furniture or anything else you can sit on (if you sit on an object, it automatically gets animation permission, there is no dialog and you don't asked if the script that will trigger the animation is in the same object!). Additionally, there is an occasion bug that permissions won't properly revoked when standing up.

My suggestion: Download and install Phoenix viewer and go to your sim. Then, open the animation explorer (Menuitem "Phoenix" -> "Animation Explorer". You will see a list of all currently running animations. Select each animation that is running (you can see the animation on the right on the avatar model). Click on "Stop+Revoke". This will stop the animation an also revoke the animation permission. Check if that helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.