why amI being chargedfor land thatI do not own

Chastity77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Chastity77 said:

My land ees are being charged 4 monthly for land that I can not enter anymore.  The land hs someone else living there now and on land fees shows that my price for that land is in yellow and my fees land is showing I have 512

https://gyazo.com/9cb686d513df190b4a41a9753859fdbb

When did you release the land?  Tier is build in arrears, meaning when they actually take the money they are taking it for any & all land that was owned in the preceding 30/31 days.

Also, that screen is a bit misleading.  The left side shows what you will pay if you actually use that much tier -- which is based on the circle checked under Land Use Fees -- and the right side shows what would happen if you put in a higher value and used it. 

Go to your Account Summary and look under Land Holdings to see what you are currently going to be charged.  https://secondlife.com/my/account

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When did you release the land?  Tier is build in arrears, meaning when they actually take the money they are taking it for any & all land that was owned in the preceding 30/31 days.

Yup. Even if you only owned the land for one second during the past month, you get charged for the full month.  That's the way a lot of things work in RL too.  Parking garages charge by the hour, for example.  If the time stamp on your ticket says you entered 61 minutes ago, you pay for a second hour.  Lawyers are even fiercer; they charge in 15 minute chunks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.