Interview series Second Life our passion starts again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interviewed Feorie Frimon from Operation Mainland. What an awesome project! As a inhabitant of mainland I love it when someone stands up and make mainland more fun and beautiful. How? Read the interview when it's ready. Then you also read about her passions and ideal home.

Snapshot_20811652_018klein.png

• Like 4

I want to say that it pleases me to no end to see someone doing such good, interesting, and positively creative a thing in SL. @archangel969 I commend you to no end, and wish you and everyone you interview the very best. Your project exemplifies how a true interviewer and reporter of personal interest should be in many ways. And to put these interviews in a "book" form was inspired genius. I look forward to checking out more of your interviews, and hope your project grows into something even more special and unique (if that is even possible). Again great work, and as always...

Peace...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

I want to say that it pleases me to no end to see someone doing such good, interesting, and positively creative a thing in SL. @archangel969 I commend you to no end, and wish you and everyone you interview the very best. Your project exemplifies how a true interviewer and reporter of personal interest should be in many ways. And to put these interviews in a "book" form was inspired genius. I look forward to checking out more of your interviews, and hope your project grows into something even more special and unique (if that is even possible). Again great work, and as always...

Peace...

What a sweet things to say! I love what I am doing and I meet such wonderful people who do great things in SL.

The key words for my way of interviewing: ask only two key questions and let the rest depend on the interview itself. Be open to improvisation, which enhances spontaneity. Listen to the interviewee and don't just look at your 'to do' list. And above all: respect. Respect everyone you interview and what they say.

After the second series, I will take a break, then publish the book of the second series and maybe after some time, there will be a third series :-).

• Like 1

About the series, adult content and the SL Bloggers network

I had a constructive conversation with Strawberry Linden yesterday via Gmail about rules regarding adult content and blogs. Based on that, I have the following statement on that topic in relation to the interview series Second Life : Our passion:

For the upcoming interviews I will pay attention to adult content in the images and will avoid adult content in the images as much as possible.

However, as far as the text of the interviews is concerned, I want to leave this entirely up to the person I am interviewing. That has to do with my integrity as an interviewer. It is not meant as a provocation, but I would rather not exclude someone who is involved in adult-related matters from my interviews. If there is an interview with adult-related content, it will not be included in the SL bloggers network. Those are the rules and I understand that. Other interviews from my series (without adult content) will certainly be included in the network. So it's not like my whole series will be banned because of a few interviews with adult content, as Strawberry assured me.

Good to be confronted with this so there is now clarity on the matter.

I would like to emphasise that I have great admiration for Strawberry and everyone who does their work around the blogs and forums. There are 700 (!) bloggers who have joined the network. Watching and judging them all is a hell of a job. I can only have deep respect for that.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 7

Before I was contacted by Feorie Frimon for an interview I never had heard of Operation Mainland. What an ignorance! I live in mainland and I know that it can be wonderful and awful at the same time. Well, you can't argue with taste, but I find it reassuring that someone is buying up pieces of abandoned land and turning them into something imaginative, cool and special. That is Feorie's main goal in SL, but is it also her passion? And what is her idea of home?

Feorie_Frimon_portrait_klein.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear fellow residents and forum tigers, it was with great pleasure that I conducted the second series of interviews in recent months for the project Second Life: our passion. I hope with these interviews to sketch portraits that show the diversity of the residents here.

The project is actually one big party in your honour. I had one more interview to go but feel that the second series is finished and it is time for holiday: the Christmas holidays that is.

This series will also be published as a book in the end and beware: In the beginning, I said that it would be a long-term project so maybe there will be a third series next year!

For now, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Cheers to us residents of Second Life!

Snapshot_20811706_008a (3).png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Dear fellow residents and forum tigers, it was with great pleasure and passion that I conducted the second series of interviews in recent months for the project Second Life: our passion. I hope to use these interviews to sketch portraits that show how diverse the residents are here.

The project is actually one big party in your honour. I had one more interview to go but feel that the second series is finished and it is time for holiday: the Christmas holidays that is.

This series will also be published as a book in the end and beware: In the beginning, I said that it would be a long-term project so maybe there will be a third series next year!

For now, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Cheers to us residents of Second Life!

Snapshot_20811706_008_klein.png

I love this. 🙂 It was great fun being interviewed, and I’m looking forward to viewing the published book. Happy holidays! 🎄 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Dear fellow residents and forum tigers, it was with great pleasure that I conducted the second series of interviews in recent months for the project Second Life: our passion. I hope with these interviews to sketch portraits that show the diversity of the residents here.

Snapshot_20811706_008a (3).png

The interviews were great fun. I, too, am looking forward to the book. Happy Holidays to you and yours and best wishes for good things to come!

• Like 1

Given the renewed interest in Metaverses, I think you have yourself some lovely little digital resources here for RL. ^^
Snapshots of the Metaverse or something similarly "Days of our lives-ish" lol.
Cute little e-books to sell perhaps?

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Typo
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

Given the renewed interest in Metaverses, I think you have yourself some lovely little digital resources here for RL. ^^
Snapshots of the Metaverse or something similarly "Days of our lives-ish" lol.
Cute little e-books to sell perhaps?

Don't tempt me 🙂 An ocean of ideas is flooding me. 😀

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.