Tilia question about multiple accounts

Eowyn Southmoor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to set up a Tilia account so I can cash out my L$ and use it to pay for my yearly premium subscription. I have 2 premium user accounts, my main which owns mainland, and my alt which I use for my LL home. 

Both of these user accounts have the same payment details set up, so, my question is. If I set up a tilia account on one of them, will it automatically take out my premium costs from both user accounts, or just the account i use to sign up with Tilia ?

12 answers to this question

Unless things have changed recently and I missed the memo, you need to have the US balance in each account.

LL doesn't link accounts together these days (even if they were linked together about 14 years ago  when you had to pay for any "legal" alts). So each account will need to cash out their lindens in order to pay for their Premium subscription.  That means each will have to agree to Tilia TOS and privacy agreement if they have not done so before.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I want to set up a Tilia account so I can cash out my L$ and use it to pay for my yearly premium subscription. I have 2 premium user accounts, my main which owns mainland, and my alt which I use for my LL home. 

Both of these user accounts have the same payment details set up, so, my question is. If I set up a tilia account on one of them, will it automatically take out my premium costs from both user accounts, or just the account i use to sign up with Tilia ?

Actually, if the accounts already have payment details, you already have a Tillia account.  You simply have to agree to the Tillia TOS (if you haven't yet).

Premium fee will be taken from USD $ Balance and/or the payment method on file for each account individually. LL does not associate accounts, even if they have the same payment info.  The downside to this is that each account will have to sell L$, thus paying the selling fees, or use the designated payment method in order to pay for the Premium membership.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, if the accounts already have payment details, you already have a Tillia account.  You simply have to agree to the Tillia TOS (if you haven't yet).

Premium fee will be taken from USD $ Balance and/or the payment method on file for each account individually. LL does not associate accounts, even if they have the same payment info.  The downside to this is that each account will have to sell L$, thus paying the selling fees, or use the designated payment method in order to pay for the Premium membership.

Just to clarify it IS possible to still have a premium account and NOT have agreed to (or physically used Tilia).  IF you have left payment info on file and IF you use the same credit card (this has nothing to do with using your stipend to pay in part for the next year's premium or for tier) you do not have to agree to Tilia's TOS or privacy payment. It goes through automatically -- unless of course the rules have changed in the last three months and I missed the notice.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Just to clarify it IS possible to still have a premium account and NOT have agreed to (or physically used Tilia).  IF you have left payment info on file and IF you use the same credit card (this has nothing to do with using your stipend to pay in part for the next year's premium or for tier) you do not have to agree to Tilia's TOS or privacy payment. It goes through automatically.  

I actually hadn't thought about that part in detail, but I can confirm it is true.  While this account - LittleMe - buys L$ and thus had to agree to Tillia TOS, another premium alt never buys L$, but recently had her premium renewed using an old existing payment method - and she never did agree to Tillia TOS.

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually hadn't thought about that part in detail, but I can confirm it is true.  While this account - LittleMe - buys L$ and thus had to agree to Tillia TOS, another premium alt never buys L$, but recently had her premium renewed using an old existing payment method - and she never did agree to Tillia TOS.

The "not so good news" (again unless things have changed and I missed the notice or we weren't told) agreeing to the Linden Lab TOS with ONE account is (was) considered as an agreement by ALL avatars with the same typist. This was told to us in the August of 2013 TOS fiasco that upturned the grid mightily and had a lot of creators leaving.   

So "in theory" since Tilia is owned by LL, when one avatar OKs the TOS, all avatars do.   If that is NOT correct, it would be great for someone to hop in here and say so LOL, but I doubt that will happen.    

EDIT:  and yes, I do see the dichotomy here and the inconsistency with the "we know who your alts are but" thing going on.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

Ok thanks for the replies but honestly i am now more confused than ever lol

My understanding was that i could cash out L$,  in other words, sell them for USD and keep that in a Tilia account, and when my premium memberships was up for renewal, it would take those fees from the USD balance in my Tilia account. Is this correct or not?

It was also my understanding that you can't cash out / convert L$ to USD without a Tilia account. Is this correct?

FYI no idea if this makes a difference but i am not in the USA either.

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

My understanding was that i could cash out L$,  in other words, sell them for USD and keep that in a Tilia account, and when my premium memberships was up for renewal, it would take those fees from the USD balance in my Tilia account. Is this correct or not? 

Yes, correct.  If there is not enough in the USD balance, it will get the rest from your payment method -- this is why you must have a payment method on file in order to go Premium.

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

It was also my understanding that you can't cash out / convert L$ to USD without a Tilia account. Is this correct?

Yes.  By the same token, you cannot buy L$ either without a Tillia account.  

If you have payment info on file and have used it for anything, you have a Tillia account.  

Just wanted to add to this thread in case folks are still confused, that when Tilia was announced a couple of years ago folks WERE able to buy Lindens and change their credit card info WITHOUT agreeing to Tilia TOS. You only needed a Tilia account it you were going to change linden dollars for USD -- for use as tier or premium payment or to send moeny to Paypal.  

THAT changed and so it is very likely  that people will find info  that contradicts what is happening now.  The Tiliapay website says to contact SL support before filling in THIER form :D.   

And as an aside == when I was researching I found that there is another Tilia  that is Located in the heart of the Linden Hills Neighborhood in South Minneapolis --

So you can see how that could be confusing and likely why the name was changed. :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

Ok, so maybe I am doing something wrong here. To sell L$ so they go into my USD balance where do I go?  There seems to be two separate options.

One is "Process Credit" on my dashboard - when I go there I get a warning message (see first pic).

The second is the LindeX page which gives me options to sell L$ at various exchange rates. (see second pic)

This looks like it works, but it mentions that after I click Sell i will need to log in again to confirm, so I am wondering if when I do that it will give me the same warning as the first pic shows.

Sorry for all these questions but this process seems needlessly complicated and confusing to me.

tilia.png

lindex.png

Process credit is only to take your US dollar balance (or part of it) and send to Paypal and then your bank.   If you are just paying premium or tier with the money you ONLY want to sell lindens.  If you do the "offer to sell" it may take awhile (or a long while depending on what you set) to get your money.  The other option is instant. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling - oh so much spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Ok, so maybe I am doing something wrong here. To sell L$ so they go into my USD balance where do I go?  There seems to be two separate options.

One is "Process Credit" on my dashboard - when I go there I get a warning message (see first pic).

The second is the LindeX page which gives me options to sell L$ at various exchange rates. (see second pic)

This looks like it works, but it mentions that after I click Sell i will need to log in again to confirm, so I am wondering if when I do that it will give me the same warning as the first pic shows.

Sorry for all these questions but this process seems needlessly complicated and confusing to me.

Use the LindeX to sell you L$ to get a USD balance.  It isn't so much that you have to "log in" again when you sell -- you just have to re-enter your password to confirm it is you.  As far as figuring out what exchange rate to use, until you fully understand how the exchange works and you've done it a bit, you should stick with the Market Sell (upper section) and not the Limit Sell.

Ignore the Process Credit unless you decide you want to have that USD balance transferred out to PayPal.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.