Covenant Confusion

Vlad Mysterious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well and why should that really interfere with anyones interest? Why take offence?

... at least if they are set to phantom too and only returned to visible and real as long as their owner is present.

Why should they be allowed to do whatever they want whilst the majority of residents have no issue in following the covenant? That is the only relevant question.

Once you start using the logic of "oh its not allowed but we'll just leave it" - then the next person will push the rules a little more, then the person after that further still. It snowballs, and at some stage it will become unmanageable. When it gets that bad, then the allure of living in Bellisseria will wear off, especially if it starts to resemble mainland 9_9

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am allways very much in favour of let well allone or in other words: live and let live!

The covenant should be a means of making people get along well with each other not something sacred that is to be defended like the holy grail. ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

Some good analysis/advice here. Can only add that Abnor Mole did speak to this issue at the SL18B Meet the Moles session. He encouraged us to politely (repeat: POLITELY) inform our neighbors about covenant issues. His experience is that most people simply don't know about the covenant and are happy to comply once they understand. In prior sessions with Patch and Grumpity Linden, they indicated that the compliance team focuses on the more serious issues. My experience is that this works most of the time. Most of the residents  I have contacted about bad orbs have amended their configurations to comply.The few ARs I have done on really bad things (like giant parcel-covering towers) were addressed.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.