I'll build you a house on your land for the free use of some of your land for a year

Tradesman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That might be a rather hard sale as at a minimum, that land would cost $60.00 US where a well built house would cost $16.00 US on Marketplace.

What you probably want to do is either rent some land or find a sandbox. In a sandbox you can build and when you log out, you pick up your build as they clear all on a timed basis.

Why don't you show us what you have built and someone might want to let you stay for free on their land.

You don't have to have a premium account to buy a land in Second Life unless you are not willing to cough out some lindens. Sandbox is a good place to practice your buildings, you wont need a land of your own.

If you want a free place to stay check the profile of Emerson Fray or type Hotel Greenspire. He likes to build and welcomes anyone without a home to come and stay at his place. No hidden fees what so ever!

Yes just practice building in a sandbox or at NCI. 

Depending what size parcel of land you are talking about and how good your building skills are, that's not actually a very equitable tradeoff. For instance I have a number of very fine houses and skyboxes and other buildings I got for free or for 50 Lindens or less.

If someone has tier out the ears and is in a sporting mood maybe they will take you up on your offer. Good luck.

Thanks for all the feedback. A bit of a reality check for me then. As I said I'm new to Second Life and wasn't really sure about the best way to get started. I didn't really know about sandbox so I will check that out. Sandbox may be what I need just now to get started.

Thanks again for the helpful advise and links etc.

Regards

Sandboxes are a great resource for building because it would be expensive to own that much land yourself and have access to that many prims. Remember to save your work often as you build, because they do get cleared at regular intervals to stop too much abandoned junk building up there.

The Ivory Tower and Builders Brewery classes are both good places to learn more about building and prims.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

That might be a rather hard sale as at a minimum, that land would cost $60.00 US where a well built house would cost $16.00 US on Marketplace.

You can get a well built house on the marketplace for 0L if you search hard enough. Of course you'll spend $50US of your -time- finding it... :)

But yeah - house prices are cheap in SL, its the land that's costly - and the cost is mostly in their tier fee.

To OP: you can also find a landlord in SL that rents short term and rent a small plot - some people not only start that way, but prefer to stay that way rather than go premium.

Personally I prefer premium. But if you're unsure renting would be best for the start as you can get out of it easier.

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.