Questions on what i get when i purchase a model

ZellorNox97

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! i'm new to second life and i'm slowly learning blender. if i bought a 100% complete avatar like the one bellow, what would i be getting with my order? i'm interested in taking it into blender and modifying the mesh file and then bringing it back into second life. is that even possible and does this listing support it?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Reprints-Superior-Iron-Man/9837304

• Haha 1

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ZellorNox97 said:

Hello! i'm new to second life and i'm slowly learning blender. if i bought a 100% complete avatar like the one bellow, what would i be getting with my order? i'm interested in taking it into blender and modifying the mesh file and then bringing it back into second life. is that even possible and does this listing support it?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Reprints-Superior-Iron-Man/9837304

In that case and in MOST cases you get the ability to use that avatar for YOURSELF in Second Life.   You would not have any ability to export as Dae or the dae file. If those type of SL Marketplace  listings are available they are expensive and possibly illegal to boot.  You "can" as I read the TOS (you need to read it carefully yourself of course) buy a model in the real world market that specifically states you CAN modify, upload and resell in Second Life (many mesh websites do not allow use in SL).   So do a lot of homework OR better yet start from scratch and make your own :D.   

Unless the Marketplace listing specifically states you get the active files or DAE AND that you can resell, that is not part of the package.  I mean you are selling your work to a direct competitor and most creators will not do that IF the work is original. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.