Mesh Schedule Announced!

DanielRavenNest Noe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Is a copy of Evermotion Archmodels vol 4, window model 108.  It has the same geometry exactly.  And at 14,000 triangles it's way to complex for an SL window - who would want to pay 50 prims upload cost or parcel prim count?"

Oh? Interesting. I bet that teh holder of teh copyrights will file a DMCA immediately. Oh, damn, it´s up there for two years! Didn´t anyone tell him? Will you?

And btw, how do you know about the 50 prims? Linden Lab did not publish ANY informations regarding prim equivalents yet. And even if...it´s a minor task to reduce triangles. But you know that, don´t you?

Have you actually been on the beta grid?  When you upload a mesh, you find out the prim equivalent.  That number is still to be adjusted to a final formula, but we have more than zero information about how it will work.  I estimate 50 prims based on other models I have imported, but if it turns out to be 25 or 100, it's still too much for a window.

Now, its obvious you were wrong about there being stolen content on that site, though I'm sure you will not admit it.  And you are wrong about most other things you have said about mesh, but I don't expect you to admit that either.

Good luck with Evermotion filing a DMCA action.  They are located in Poland, and Archive3D is from Uzbekistan, so they have no venue for a US law to apply:

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domain=archive3d.net&prog_id=GoDaddy

Now, if that item is uploaded to Second Life, they *would* have the ability to file a DMCA action, because Linden Lab is in the USA.  That will be a deterrent to wanton uploading of any models scraped off the Internet.  Yes, it's not hard to find them and load them into SL, but it's also not hard for experienced 3D modelers to recognize where they came from and tell the original creators.  Along with upload costs, that will limit somewhat how much stuff is ripped and brought into SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.