Anime - Boy Body

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently been buying some anime heads, skins and other things and now want a boy one.  I have bought the Mars M4 head but I am not sure which body to buy.  Yeah, it might sound weird because it's a boy but it's more like a teen and more like the CoCo Male Doll from CoCo, an older teen boy or 18+.  

The skin I bought, which I love it!, has an applier for a Kuroo body or a 2.0.   Also, does 2.0 mean this name - Avatar 2.0?  I'm not sure what body it means, so maybe Avatar 2.0 boy.  

I'd like opinions on which one is better.  Also, which one may have more clothing options on the boy bodies available?   I'd like a lot of clothing options. 

ETA;  I'm adding a picture so you can see this looks like a man but the anime bodies are just called "boy" but looks like a man to me.   

Snapshot_886 (2).jpg

Edited by FairreLilette

The Kuroo body doesn't have much for it. Pretty much the only creator for it is Krankhaus, and everything they do for the other bodies/options too. Avatar 2.0 doesn't have much either.

Your two best options are either Kemono with flat chest option, or Maitreya with either their own flat chest or V-Tech.  If you want to go cheaper than Maitreya, Lucybody has a flat chest body (Natasha) which fits Maitreya & V-Tech clothes and is under L$2k..  Support for clothes is about even between Kemono and V-Tech but you'll find more anime-style stuff with Kemono.  However, skins may be an issue - while Kemono can use BOM, it does not use the standard UV template so skins made for other bodies won't fit.  That said, most skins made for the M4 come in Kemono format, and Kemono skins are MUCH easier to make than standard ones.

But if you already have Maitreya, I'd just get V-Tech or the Maitreya flat chest for it and go with that.

Edited by Maitimo

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

The Kuroo body doesn't have much for it. Pretty much the only creator for it is Krankhaus, and everything they do for the other bodies/options too. Avatar 2.0 doesn't have much either.

Okay, this is one of the most complicated avatar systems I've ever seen in SL.  The girl anime's are easy - I bought the Venus M4 head and it works with the Maitreya body, and pretty much done other than the Maitreya feet may be too big so I need to re-adjust a shape, but otherwise easy and done.

Now, get to the boy Anime.  I bought the Mars M4 and a skin.  Now I see the skin I bought has an applier for the head and for the body only Kuroo and Avatar 2.0 appliers are the names of the appliers.

Where I am really confused is in regards to Kemono and Avatar 2.0 and if I need to buy both or only one?  So, if I buy Avatar 2.0, which shows a girl anime on the front, this is the one I need to make a boy shape also?  IOW, the Avatar 2.0 can make both a girl and a boy body?  Or, do I need to buy the Kemono body also for the flat chest and this Avatar 2.0 fits over it?

I am very lost here.

I'm not sure I'd want the Maitreya V-tech because there isn't much in the shoulders to be male on Maitreya, imo.  

The Kuroo is nice and is easy to understand but Utilizor's brand is nice too if I could just figure it out.  I just don't know if I need to buy the Kemono Body plus the Avatar 2.0, and also is the Avatar 2.0 girl only?  Or is there an Avatar 2.0 boy?  

Thanks for you help so far.  I am confused here.  Again, Kuroo seems the easiest but I'd like to understand Utilizor's system too.

9 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Okay, this is one of the most complicated avatar systems I've ever seen in SL.  The girl anime's are easy - I bought the Venus M4 head and it works with the Maitreya body, and pretty much done other than the Maitreya feet may be too big so I need to re-adjust a shape, but otherwise easy and done.

Now, get to the boy Anime.  I bought the Mars M4 and a skin.  Now I see the skin I bought has an applier for the head and for the body only Kuroo and Avatar 2.0 appliers are the names of the appliers.

Where I am really confused is in regards to Kemono and Avatar 2.0 and if I need to buy both or only one?  So, if I buy Avatar 2.0, which shows a girl anime on the front, this is the one I need to make a boy shape also?  IOW, the Avatar 2.0 can make both a girl and a boy body?  Or, do I need to buy the Kemono body also for the flat chest and this Avatar 2.0 fits over it?

I am very lost here.

I'm not sure I'd want the Maitreya V-tech because there isn't much in the shoulders to be male on Maitreya, imo.  

The Kuroo is nice and is easy to understand but Utilizor's brand is nice too if I could just figure it out.  I just don't know if I need to buy the Kemono Body plus the Avatar 2.0, and also is the Avatar 2.0 girl only?  Or is there an Avatar 2.0 boy?  

Thanks for you help so far.  I am confused here.  Again, Kuroo seems the easiest but I'd like to understand Utilizor's system too.

Avatar 2,0 and Kemono are two separate and different bodies, made by the same creator. You would use one or the other but not both. In either case you'd need to get the standard (female) body plus a flat chest mod to fit that particular body. 

There are a couple of creators that do flat chest mods for the Kemono; ABC Second Life Marketplace - .::ABC::. - Flat Chest - For Kemono avatar and Riana's Second Life Marketplace - *R* Male chest for the Kemono avatar.

I can find only one for Avatar 2.0 and it looks like it may be no longer supported: Second Life Marketplace - krankhaus - Avatar 2.0 Manime Torso

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Avatar 2,0 and Kemono are two separate and different bodies, made by the same creator. You would use one or the other but not both. 

Okay, understand this now.  I was wondering if the Avatar 2.0 was a human mod that fit over the furry Kemono.  The description for this product is not well written out and there are no demos.  So, I wanted to make sure.

can find only one for Avatar 2.0 and it looks like it may be no longer supported: Second Life Marketplace - krankhaus - Avatar 2.0 Manime Torso

I'm not sure what this is supported for.  The newest Avatar 2.0 has a lower body fitmesh update and is updated for Bento in hands and face which I don't see how those two updates would effect the chest mod?   

Some of the reviews about the other body, the Kuroo, say that could be an awesome body if updated to be able to use the sliders.  

Okay, but thanks a lot...I think I have an understanding of what is what now.

Edited by FairreLilette

57 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm not sure what this is supported for.  The newest Avatar 2.0 has a lower body fitmesh update and is updated for Bento in hands and face which I don't see how those two updates would effect the chest mod?   

Honestly? I'm not sure either. If that one doesn't work then it seems to suggest that there is no male chest available for the current version of Avatar 2.0 at all. I note that there's no demo for it so unless you're prepared to pay full price for an experiment, you should probably scratch that one off your list of possibles altogether.

My only other suggestion at this stage would be try to make contact with the creator at Krankhaus and ask about it. You could ask about Kuroo too, since that one is made by Krankhaus.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I beg to differ. I have quite broad shoulders on Syd, so it can be done. You just need to widen them as much as you need to (adjusting your overall size accordingly to remain proportionate) and then use a shoulder deformer to reduce the armpit gap. Must Trade has a decent set here. You can combine those with their shoulder morphs to get the shape you need.

Edited to add: I've moved away from V-Tech and toward the Maitreya Flat Chest add-on for Syd, as more people are creating for that one these days. Plus the Maitreya Flat add-on has a V-Tech compatible version included, so you can use that one if you want to wear V-Tech clothing.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

Krankhaus and ask about it.

I decided to buy the Kuroo because with the body, Mars M4 head, skin, hair, a few clothes, it was under $10 for all of that so it gives me a start, anyhow.  I'm not sure where I want to go with anime but it's been fun and it's not too expensive to try it.  Geesh, a whole guy avatar for under $10 dollars is not bad.  However, on the notecard I received with the body, it says the creator won't be updating it because the creator does not want to screw over people who have already created for the body as it is.  What he could do is make a more muscular one as that is what some other's seem to want, more ability for muscles.  Anyhow, I'm happy with it so far and I may get the Avatar 2.0 for both girl and boy.  There are lots of skins I really like for the Mars M4 head, that's really the reason I wanted it.  It does need more items it could wear, however.

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I beg to differ. I have quite broad shoulders on Syd, so it can be done. You just need to widen them as much as you need to (adjusting your overall size accordingly to remain proportionate) and then use a shoulder deformer to reduce the armpit gap. Must Trade has a decent set here. You can combine those with their shoulder morphs to get the shape you need.

Edited to add: I've moved away from V-Tech and toward the Maitreya Flat Chest add-on for Syd, as more people are creating for that one these days. Plus the Maitreya Flat add-on has a V-Tech compatible version included, so you can use that one if you want to wear V-Tech clothing.

I decided to buy the Kuroo and will probably buy the Avatar 2.0 too, but I will look into these.  I didn't know there were add-ons.  It's not the easiest system to understand that is for sure.  But, it's not expensive in case I want to change to Maitreya and add-ons.  

Edited by FairreLilette

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I never particularly liked the shape of the chest on Maitreya's own mod compared with V-Tech, however it's worth noting that the V-Tech does not make a good neck fit with the newer HD heads on any setting. Like Belleza, it's old tech. So I too have now abandoned V-Tech in favour of Maitreya's own.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.