Map of All Regions?

Waiomao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aloha all. I enjoy exploring SL by opening map (Control-M) and clicking on distant places to teleport to them. This is a great way to discover hidden gems, and to find regions that don't pay extra to be included in search results. Unfortunately map has had some problems recently, takes a long time to load even in my good computer, and at the best of times shows only a relatively small portion of the SL world. Does a clickable map exist somewhere on SL's website? Something like the map function in-world, but showing ALL regions?

Because SL is building new regions all the time I wouldn't expect such a page to be up-to-date all the time. But it sure would be a fun tool for exploration, like spinning a globe and picking a spot!

• Like 1

Thanks Bigmoe. That's a lot like an online version of the in-world map function, so suffers from the same thing as the in-world map: it takes forever to load (even with my high-speed internet), and when zoomed out everything disappears. I'd love to find something close to a static world map, with clickable hyperlinks to regions. That would likely be a HUGE file, so like RL world maps there might have to be separate maps for each continent and ocean. This might be a project I'll have to build myself and throw online for anyone who wants it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waiomao said:

Aloha all. I enjoy exploring SL by opening map (Control-M) and clicking on distant places to teleport to them. This is a great way to discover hidden gems, and to find regions that don't pay extra to be included in search results. Unfortunately map has had some problems recently, takes a long time to load even in my good computer, and at the best of times shows only a relatively small portion of the SL world. Does a clickable map exist somewhere on SL's website? Something like the map function in-world, but showing ALL regions?

Because SL is building new regions all the time I wouldn't expect such a page to be up-to-date all the time. But it sure would be a fun tool for exploration, like spinning a globe and picking a spot!

Saw this on the MP.  It's definitely outdated but hey, it's worth a look since it's free!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Marine-navigation-maps-1-HUD-and-desk-with-HUGE-mainland-databases-and-tools-for-sailing-and-flying-piloting/6382062

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.