Skipping music

Jurnee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had a problem with skipping music for the last 3 days. I got a new lappy and i downloaded an updated viewer and everything is fine except for the music part. I tried the bandwith thingy and still the same thing. However i have downloaded a different viewer and no problem, then i tried another viewer just lilke the one i have now and i get skipping music there to. So my question is, how do i fix this problem.

2 answers to this question

1. Having multiple viewers may cause problems unless you put each viewers cache in a different location.

2. Usually skippy music is caused by laggy connection and also if you are not completely downloaded. This may be the case if you are on a wireless connection.

Make sure your caches are in different locations on your computer, make sure you have a good internet connection, and make sure you have finished downloading.

If this does not resolve your issue post back and get more solutions.

SL sends information back and forth between its servers and your computer all the time, and that uses bandwidth. That's usually a small enough drain that doesn't interrupt a music stream running at the same time. If you change your appearance, or step into an area where there are a lot of new textures to render, or decide to build something, however, the extra amount of streamed information takes priority over the music stream.  (So does any other program on your computer that uses bandwidth, like your e-mail and browser.) If you want uninterrupted music, go sit on a nice, quiet sim and don't change anything.  Otherwise, be prepared for music to skip every once in a while.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.