Is there anyway to get a free home/apartment

RyyokoYami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im a bit new and I dont have actual money to spend on much but I was wondering if there is a way to get a free home or something along that line..... I was abit scared to ask this question due to being new and all... but um it would be much help if there was a free home/apartment or something 

Welcome to Second Life. ~

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking such a question. As far as I know there are no ways to get a free house in Second Life if you really don't want to pay for it - other than finding some sort of housing/roleplay community that would allow you to claim one small spot, but that would need some time.

You may want to peek at this thread - a bit old, but I do believe that is still helpful:

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RyyokoYami said:

Im a bit new and I dont have actual money to spend on much but I was wondering if there is a way to get a free home or something along that line..... I was abit scared to ask this question due to being new and all... but um it would be much help if there was a free home/apartment or something 

There are some newbie friendly places that allow you to set home as long as you join their group. Greylady Gardens used to do that if they're still around. Also try the group 'Carribean Homes'. 

if you have premium membership, you get a home included with your membership. The yearly fee is the cheapest way to go. If you can afford to pay for a year, thats the best way.  Otherwise you can pay monthly or I do believe quarterly. The homes on Bellisseria are beautiful and there are many different options to choose from.  You shouldnt be afraid to ask questions here. After all, we were all newbs at one time. Welcome to Second Life.

14 hours ago, RyyokoYami said:

There ARE free homes available now and then. I along with maybe fifty other people spent the winter in Snow Globe where we paid 1 linden a week to keep our skyboxes and homes. It was lovely.   I have lived in other free places now and then. Watch the forums for announcements about free places. The most likely spot would be the LAND FORUM part of these forums.  There have been free places advertised in the past in the classifieds, but I think the forums here are a much better place now.

There are also sims that let you live free if you do a bit of work in the sim.  So just keep looking. 

Good luck. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.