help

ExoticQueenB

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, ExoticQueenB said:

I guess the dragging the box on the floor bit is confusing.

Are you referring to unpacking things?

Some, but not all, can be attached (added) to your avatar to be unpacked. Unfortunately you usually won't know before you've tried to rez (drag to the floor) or attach it to see whether that worked. 

Is unpacking your items the issue?  Generally there are a couple of methods to do it and some caveats. Whenever I buy something I usually try adding ( add not wear) the object to my avatar to see if its actually packed or inside an unpacker hud that will appear on your screen if attached.  If it's a hud, you should be able to click it or  it may automatically unpack your item into a folder which you should be able to find in the most recent tab of your inventory. If an actual box is attached, I will unattach it,  and  drag it to ground from my inventory. In order to drag it to the ground the land you are on must allow you create objects on it. If you don't currently have land, search for a sandbox and try rezzing your item there. Once rezzed, right click to open or some boxes have an unpacker that allows you to click it. The contents of the box should then be in a folder in your inventory.

If that was horribly confusing still , check out this video that Cassie Middles made on the topic:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Are you referring to unpacking things?

Some, but not all, can be attached (added) to your avatar to be unpacked. Unfortunately you usually won't know before you've tried to rez (drag to the floor) or attach it to see whether that worked. 

Yes i do believe thats what I mean! I am having serious issues with getting my avatar to look right i got like 5 different avi mods to use an well non of them look right to me an then trien to get hair an clothes to go on and look right is the other issue

28 minutes ago, ExoticQueenB said:

Yes i do believe thats what I mean! I am having serious issues with getting my avatar to look right i got like 5 different avi mods to use an well non of them look right to me an then trien to get hair an clothes to go on and look right is the other issue

Ok. Start by telling us exactly what you have purchased.  Mods can mean different things so we can't help unless we know what exactly you need help with.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.