Tickets

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a non-premium user am I limited about what I can submit a ticket about?

I want to submit a ticket that my parcel doesn't show in the web search, even though I've been paying 30L/week for months for it to be there. It does show in the legacy search though. But in the submit a ticket form there is no combination of drop-downs that are relevant, and it won't allow it to be submitted without the fields filled in. Or is there another way to get support?

I know of another parcel that's exactly the same - legacy search, yes - web search no.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

As a non-premium user am I limited about what I can submit a ticket about?

I want to submit a ticket that my parcel doesn't show in the web search, even though I've been paying 30L/week for months for it to be there. But in the submit a ticket form there is no combination of drop-downs that are relevant, and it won't allow it to be submitted without the fields filled in. Or is there another way to get support?

Even with Premium there are times when none of the categories seem to fit.  When that happens, I just pick something that seems sort of close and then first thing in the description state that the category I picked is not truly representative of my problem.  I then give a detailed explanation with all relevant uploads and hope for the best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

This list is perhaps out of date but I suspect that it's still pretty good:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Types_of_Support_Case

Not sure about the Basic stuff -- been a while since one of my Basic alts needed a ticket -- but they have definitely trimmed down the list underneath each category for the Premium stuff.  They need to actually bring some of those items back, as it would make it much easier to open a ticket that is properly targeted.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

So there's a huge difference between Basic and Premium. I don't mind that except that, in this case, they are taking money for something that they are not providing, and they've excluded submitting a ticket about it.

I did as Lil suggested, so I'll see what transpires from it.

I'm embarrassed. It just occurred to me that my parcel can't be in the web search because it's Moderate land, and I'm guessing that only General land can be in the web search. If my guess is correct, then the parcel being in the legacy search but not in the web search would be correct.

Is my guess correct?

My guess was wrong. I now understand it. Only General parcels are listed unless you are logged in, and then you can choose what to have listed. Inworld, the default is not logged in, so only General parcels are shown.

It turns out that my parcel is listed after all.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.