Too many issues at the moment

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Teleports failing, logins failing, inventory database issues (e.g. "Failed to find clothing named Blueberry DWL Fun Capri Jeans alpha in the database.")

[EDIT]  Despite the database error message, the alpha layer loaded and is showing in the saved outfit list. The error message persists, though... It's a new alpha layer I've just created after uploading the texture. I created a second one with the same texture and got the same error message on saving but it displays properly and is in inventory.

[EDIT 2] I guess it was temporary issues... I logged out for a while and when was back in I deleted the two alpha layers that could not be found in the database and created even one more with the same name of the first - no error message now.

Edited by MBeatrix
more info

2 hours ago, MBeatrix said:

Teleports failing, logins failing, inventory database issues (e.g. "Failed to find clothing named Blueberry DWL Fun Capri Jeans alpha in the database.")

[EDIT]  Despite the database error message, the alpha layer loaded and is showing in the saved outfit list. The error message persists, though... It's a new alpha layer I've just created after uploading the texture. I created a second one with the same texture and got the same error message on saving but it displays properly and is in inventory.

[EDIT 2] I guess it was temporary issues... I logged out for a while and when was back in I deleted the two alpha layers that could not be found in the database and created even one more with the same name of the first - no error message now.

I have seen same with something I created, it was nowhere to be found in my inventory, when I took it into inventory. After a relog it appeared in the inventory. I guess, we see a delay in minutes, before new created items appears in the inventory.

Now this is not persistent, but like random happening.

• Thanks 1

I've been doing a little research into these issues.  If you look at Inara Pey's transcript of last week's Simulator User Group, you will see that Mazidox Linden rather flagged up these issues: https://modemworld.me/tag/simulator-user-group/

Also in the top thread in this forum he says:

"Next week we're making a one-time effort that might be somewhat unpredictable. This is a complex, multi-step process to make simulators cloud-aware and then cloud-first for various kinds of in-world objects. This will not be the New Normal. Remaining in the intermediate states would result in degraded performance for Residents. We want to avoid that so we are compressing our schedule as much as possible."

I very much doubt that they expected it to be quite as bad as this but then, Lindens tend to be on the "gung-ho" side of cautious when it comes to this operation.

Edited by Aishagain
Additional information
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 5:29 PM, Aishagain said:

I've been doing a little research into these issues.  If you look at Inara Pey's transcript of last week's Simulator User Group, you will see that Mazidox Linden rather flagged up these issues: https://modemworld.me/tag/simulator-user-group/

Also in the top thread in this forum he says:

Next week we're making a one-time effort that might be somewhat unpredictable. This is a complex, multi-step process to make simulators cloud-aware and then cloud-first for various kinds of in-world objects. This will not be the New Normal. Remaining in the intermediate states would result in degraded performance for Residents. We want to avoid that so we are compressing our schedule as much as possible.

I very much doubt that they expected it to be quite as bad as this but then, Lindens tend to be on the "gung-ho" side of cautious when it comes to this operation.

Yep, I read all that alright. I was just kind of reporting here what happened to me this morning (couldn't login for a while, and when I did couldn't TP anywhere; and then the inventory database issue).

Of course the whole transition must be quite complex, and I'm not really expecting it to get much better before the end of this year.

Edited by MBeatrix
typo correction
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.