problem with lelutka and maitreya - seam on neck

laura124

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Y'all 

I currently have the maitreya lara mesh body and just got the lelutka erin head. I tried matching skins yet it seems to have a seam though. 

The neck fix i turned on and off a few times though. 

Anyone ideas of what i can still try? Any stores that have good skins that don't have this seam appearing? 

Thanks 

xoxo

Erin is a head from Lelutka's Evolution range, which uses the new Universal Neck fit. Make sure your Maitreya body is updated to v5.3 and - under the neck size - choose either of the Type 1 neck fits. If you use Type 2 (or have an older version of the body with the Body Fat option under neck size) then those won't fit to the Universal Neck.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/12/2023 at 6:25 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Are you having a problem with your neckline?

Hello and thank you..Yes it was that,thank god someone helped me after my comment

It still however shows a darker neck line hope that gets fixed sometime

Edited by ImYourBarbie
  • Like 1

A dark seam will always show under certain lighting conditions, especially the default region ones.  You can fix this by using either CalWL or Nam's Optimum Skin and Prim. You can find these in the Library section of your inventory, under the Environments > Skies section. Do this first, you'll need it to get the next parts right.

Now, check that you have the right neck fit;

b5f4d085ba5a5a27456f1c50fb24074d.png

On the Skin/Base tab of the Maitreya hud, make sure you are using Neck Size Type 1. These are made for the Uniersal neck fit that is used by Lelutka and Catwa HD Pro. Type 2 is for older heads like Genus and the older Catwa heads. I don't see any difference between size 0 and size 5, but it might make a difference in some lighting conditions. Worth trying both to see what looks best. Any neck blenders, either hud-based or BOM, should be removed. (see Neck Fix button here is blacked-out, that means it's off).

Next is Materials. You can test if it's this, by going into Preferences and temporarily turning Advanced Lighting off. If the seam disappears, then you have a mismatch between the materials settings between the head and the body. Turn it back on and then go to the huds agan:

On Maitreya, still on the Skin tab, click on Advanced to expand it. 

b770d7ca4fa1db150d5321b7daf2fa18.png

The Materials sliders are right at the bottom on the left (the ones on the right are for your nipples only). Slide them all to zero.

Then go to the Lelutka hud:

13710fbaab8aa66052d966ab28f367f4.png

Again, slide the Materials sliders (all three; Glossy, Intensity and Environment) all the way to zero.  At this point, neither of them will have any shiny and the skins will match*.  Now, raise the sliders (Glossy and Intensity only, leave Environment at zero) on the Lelutka head until you get the look you like.  Once you're happy with the level of shinyness on your head, raise the same two sliders on the Maitreya hud until they match. It won't necessarily be where the sliders are in the same place; you'll ned to experiment and judge it by eye. Keep moving your camera around to check; you may not see it from all angles. It's best to do this outside or near some indoor lighting.

Next, check that neither the head or body have any kind of tint applied to them. Reset all tinting to white using both huds. 

* If after doing all of these things, there's still a mismatch, then you're either still wearing some kind of neck blender (check your "worn" list again and remove it) or you're wearing mismatched skins on the head and body, either because you wore the wrong ones by mistake, or the creator has labelled them wrong.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.