A work around for direct TP in the time of TP failure?

Rachel1206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20201113_tp_failure_workaround.thumb.png.8e0aecaa974cf1348d5e2ba2a90e732d.png

Ok, while we wait for the bugs to be ironed out, as regions are moved the cloud.

I noticed, if I select a destination in my Landmarks (1) inventory, right click it and select About Landmark (2) and wait until the dialog box Places(3) has updated all information (image, description, owner/creator , info, date title) and then click Teleport (4),  TP works 99% of the time for me.

Not sure, but TP failure seems higher in regions on AWS.

Maybe others can use my hint above to improve their TP success also.

Edited by Rachel1206
Clarify
  • Like 1

I have noticed, but not statistically tested, that TP from Stand almost never works now.  Stand, move, and TP - has subjectively, a much greater chance of working.

I should mention that I usually TP with a Favorite from my Firestorm Favorites-bar.

Edited by Anna Nova
extra info.

4 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I usually TP with a Favorite from my Firestorm Favorites-bar.

Me too.

I find the biggest problem is recognising that the tp is failing. If I can hit the Cancel button quickly enough, there is a good chance of recovery. Hit it a bit too late and I'm doomed. I will appear to be ok, but will only be able to rotate my avatar; not being able to walk. A crash will inevitably follow after a while, and there is nothing that can be done to avoid it.

9 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

TP from Stand almost never works now.

Similarly, some destinations have a small landing arrival area, moving out of this often triggers a text message welcoming you, if trying to TP before the welcome message pops up, fail is far more likely. There seems to be some trigger at which point an avatar is satisfactorily registered as being in a region, until this has activated, handing over to another destination fails.

I had for a while believed it was altitude that caused the TP-fail issue but when I looked at the places from which I believed TP fails occurred because of being high above the ground, I found they all had these arrival spots.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I have noticed, but not statistically tested, that TP from Stand almost never works now.  Stand, move, and TP - has subjectively, a much greater chance of working.

I should mention that I usually TP with a Favorite from my Firestorm Favorites-bar.

I am wondering if the delays caused by stand/move, help for a successful TP. Clearly my hint causes rather long delay (up to 30 seconds I observed, but still faster than a relog after failed TP).

I have the feeling that what we see with the TP failures, are a kind of racing conditions, where the request for TP acknowledge by the server simply takes to long. I must emphasize this purely speculations from my side. Hopeful LL will give information on why, when solved.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.