Linden $

Aiwa111

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I use Paypal to buy Linden $ I get this message *There was a problem charging your payment method*

Now can someone tell me the problem - There is a linked bank account to this PayPal account which is verified. Does my account have to be in US $? Why cant I buy LInden $?

Frustrated.

Greg

5 answers to this question

Hi, @Aiwa111!

If your PayPal account is verified (backed up by your bank account), it SHOULD work.  However, you might want to "grease the wheels" a little.  By that I mean that you should transfer some money from your bank account into your PP account before purchasing $L.  That way, LL gets their money immediately instead of waiting for it to transfer from to your bank, to PayPal, to them.

Another problem could be that you are trying to make a larger transaction than your PayPal limits allow.  You can check these limits with PP, and manually set a higher limit for transactions with Linden Research, Inc.  I believe the default limit is $200 USD.

If neither of those suggestions helps, then call LL Billing at 800-294-1067.

23 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hi, @Aiwa111!

If your PayPal account is verified (backed up by your bank account), it SHOULD work.  However, you might want to "grease the wheels" a little.  By that I mean that you should transfer some money from your bank account into your PP account before purchasing $L.  That way, LL gets their money immediately instead of waiting for it to transfer from to your bank, to PayPal, to them.

Another problem could be that you are trying to make a larger transaction than your PayPal limits allow.  You can check these limits with PP, and manually set a higher limit for transactions with Linden Research, Inc.  I believe the default limit is $200 USD.

If neither of those suggestions helps, then call LL Billing at 800-294-1067.

They are under 30 days also but I can't find the link to buying limits for new accounts.  Could be the issue, too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.