Fellow Indie Folk URL Needed

WillowRylee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can NOT find an Indie Folk mellow chill URL to put on my land. I have an Easy Youtube TV that I can play my own playlist. However, apparently.....other guests can not hear it. This is a problem for me. I messaged the Youtube TV creator but haven't heard back yet. Was either needing to find a way to make sure people hear the TV playing or I need a URL with music I actually like. (I'm going for a certain mood. Please don't recommend any other genre. I've thought this thru.)  For example, I'm really into alexrainbirdmusic Autumn/Fall Compilation 2020 to give you an idea of what I want for my atmosphere. PLEASE HELP! 

38 minutes ago, whitneyryshae said:

Can NOT find an Indie Folk mellow chill URL to put on my land. I have an Easy Youtube TV that I can play my own playlist. However, apparently.....other guests can not hear it. This is a problem for me. I messaged the Youtube TV creator but haven't heard back yet. Was either needing to find a way to make sure people hear the TV playing or I need a URL with music I actually like. (I'm going for a certain mood. Please don't recommend any other genre. I've thought this thru.)  For example, I'm really into alexrainbirdmusic Autumn/Fall Compilation 2020 to give you an idea of what I want for my atmosphere. PLEASE HELP! 

You could check here

https://somafm.com/listen/

https://somafm.com/player/#/now-playing/folkfwd

Edited by RowanMinx

You need to play the station in an, out side of SL media player, that will give the server address in the file information for the station..

Then you just copy the server address into the land music stream box for your land..

ETA: Also to add, for others to see the youtube videos or listen to the music, they would need to have media  and music streaming turned on in their viewers..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You need to play the station in an, out side of SL media player, that will give the server address in the file information for the station..

Then you just copy the server address into the land music stream box for your land..

ETA: Also to add, for others to see the youtube videos or listen to the music, they would need to have media  and music streaming turned on in their viewers..

Thanks Ceka.  I wasn't sure how to do that. 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Thanks Ceka.  I wasn't sure how to do that. 😄

You're welcome.. I'm just waking up at the moment and had to double check it to make sure i had it right..

I use winamp myself and if the site will let you play the stations in a player on your computer, you should be able to get the stations file info from where ever they keep that in the player you use..

it's usually in the player menu under file info or something like that..

15 minutes ago, whitneyryshae said:

Awesome. I've downloaded VLC media player. I know have the radio station playing thru it. Where do I find the server address?

I have that player as well.. I downloaded it because it was the player someone was using the last time a thread like this came up..

I'll check real quick and be right back..

In the VLCplayer , highlight the station file or have the station playing and then in the upper menu go to tool, then go to media information and click that and it will open a window for the information..

at the very bottom of that window in the location box, will be the server address..

Also ,this site i'm linking below is great for finding radio stations.. it has a play function for the site,plus right next to that is a download option for getting the file to play on your computer..

if you need to search for certain stations not found under the left side menu, there is a search option in the upper right corner for more specific choices..

https://directory.shoutcast.com/

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, whitneyryshae said:

OMG LADIES!!!! FINALLY. Thank you soooo much for your help. I was about to flip the table. hahahaha You both helped so much. Thanks  Now I know how to play all sorts of stations. Sweet!!!

You are very welcome.. I know when i first started messing with my own lands media things, it was pretty hair pulling, because of the land music not recognizing urls and instead the server addresses.. back then I was still trying to grasp SL and the viewer and everything else that comes with that..

I had just learned a few days earlier how not to get a box stuck on my head when changing clothes..hehehehehe

Aaaaaanyways, A nice thing about that one site i linked is, you can also search for certain artists or whatever you are looking for.. I just did a Sade search and got stations that play her music..

Want Halloween music or holiday, Something should pop up..

Anyways, I'm glad you have it sorted.

Enjoy your SL :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

On 10/25/2020 at 5:02 AM, Rowan Amore said:

I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, english isnt my main language and u dont explain steps to get it....please help me

20 minutes ago, DarkUnicorN said:

I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, english isnt my main language and u dont explain steps to get it....please help me

VLC player is a media player you can get on the internet for free..

If you go 3 posts above your post, I explain how to get the server address for the station, from the file that you download and play in the VLC player..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.