camera view on a prim

Jackson Redstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

maybe I need to post this in machnima, not sure.  When filming myself, I want to be able to have a certian camera view. Yes, there are machinima huds you can change the camera view, and debug options can change this some what too, But what I want is like you zoom in on a avi and lock your camera on them from a particular viewpoint when they are walking. So say a close up of the back of the head offset to a side a little. But I want to be able to film myself, or follow myself, with this exact camera position. I dont know if there is a script or something that may allow this. I can of course log an alt on and have it track me and film from that viewer, but that creates other issues as well.

Yes, I'd suggest asking people in the Machinima forum about HUDs they use.  I'm sure there must be one out there that meets your needs.  If you don't get an answer there, post in the Wanted forum.  If you are writing your own script and need help digging out of a hole you've created, this is the right forum.

The script function you'd most likely use is llSetCameraParams

You could also try messing about the the debug settings CameraOffset* and FocusOffset* (where * is FrontView/RearView/GroupView). And it's probably worth noting that there's viewers with camera presets floating around… maybe the current default SL viewer and the Firestorm EEP beta viewer?

Edit: yes, the current SL viewer has camera presets.

Edited by KT Kingsley

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.