A surprise waxing ...

Horus Salubrius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This necklace is configurable via a HUD & comes with a cross.   This is what happened after I removed the cross portion, a very fine wax job on my chest hair !  wth ... lol .. & how do I fix it ?  Taking the chest hair on & off via the Legacy HUD keeps the waxed portion in place (the necklace is TMP Rigged - maybe I should not be using it on a Legacy body ??).   Baseline Horus is ok so I'm thinking I'll have to rebuild the outfit from that without the cross ... ?  I dunno.. any thoughts ??  

582c02fa966c3c5e00d5d81fff07b29c.png

23627a5671c005b56a9db3002c816fce.jpg
https://gyazo.com/23627a5671c005b56a9db3002c816fce

My guess is that when you "remove" the cross, it merely hides it. And it would hide it by making the cross full alpha (transparent).
Your chest hair appears to be a layer on the body and those layers usually have alpha blending, because that looks best with body hair and most tattoos. You can usually change the alpha blending to an alpha mask by clicking a button on the body's HUD but that will make the layer look rather harsh, especially with body hair.
However, try it anyway and see if the line goes away. If it does, then I am right about how the cross and its string get "removed". 

So, assuming that worked, I will want to to toggle the alpha blending back on using the HUD. We now need to know if the necklace is modifiable. If so, you can edit linked parts on it, and set the string and cross to alpha mask, and set the value of the mask to 255 (the lower the value, the more is visible of the original texture). This should take care of your wax job 🙂

Do note that if you ever unhide the cross and its string again, it is likely that you will have to redo the above steps again.

• Like 2

Thanks - that kinda makes sense.  

32 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

My guess is that when you "remove" the cross, it merely hides it. And it would hide it by making the cross full alpha (transparent).
Your chest hair appears to be a layer on the body and those layers usually have alpha blending, because that looks best with body hair and most tattoos. You can usually change the alpha blending to an alpha mask by clicking a button on the body's HUD but that will make the layer look rather harsh, especially with body hair.
However, try it anyway and see if the line goes away. If it does, then I am right about how the cross and its string get "removed". 

So, assuming that worked, I will want to to toggle the alpha blending back on using the HUD. We now need to know if the necklace is modifiable. If so, you can edit linked parts on it, and set the string and cross to alpha mask, and set the value of the mask to 255 (the lower the value, the more is visible of the original texture). This should take care of your wax job 🙂

Do note that if you ever unhide the cross and its string again, it is likely that you will have to redo the above steps again.

Amazingly that makes sense  😮🙂  & yes, it is merely hidden, here it is under "edit" with only the feather part showing.

38bb20a8e2154d095cbf5f8e806cbd9a.png

I think the easiest thing to do would be to copy it & create the outfits separately independent of the necklace HUD.  

This is a perfect example of why I recommend BoM. The tattoo and the body hair need to be partial alpha, to show the skin under. The necklace must also contain some alpha texture, so you get the dreaded alpha clash between one of the body layers and the alpha texture in the cross part. One of the transparent parts win over the other. The other becomes totally or partially invisible.

With BoM, the layers you add, is baked to the skin, the alpha is "absorbed" (Is that a correct word?). The skin plus all layers is like a drawing, no transparent parts. Thus, there can be no alpha clash.

Ignore the part under, and see what @Fritigern Gothlywrites in the next post

(But it is strange that the cross disappears too. * I think it can be a solution, but I must know if the necklace is modify. And I do not mean modify with a resizer, but full modify. Look at the texture tab under edit. Does it show a texture, or is the texture window crossed over?)

*Edit: I think it is some alpha part hidden in the texture on the tank top too.

Edited by Marianne Little
Corrected by next post
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

But it is strange that the cross disappears too.

He means for that to disappear. He did not want that to be shown, just the string with the feathers. So he hides it using the included HUD, which hides the string and the cross.
The reason why you don't see the cross in his chest hair is because it was hidden by his clothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

He means for that to disappear. He did not want that to be shown, just the string with the feathers. So he hides it using the included HUD, which hides the string and the cross.
The reason why you don't see the cross in his chest hair is because it was hidden by his clothing.

Ah, is that what he means. I thought about setting Alpha Blending to Alpha masking on the necklace. But that will not help, since the cross changes to a transparent texture, yes? So the only help here is BoM on tattoo and hair?

Or get another necklace...

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling error

7 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Heh, I am speed-reading in the evening and did not see that you write about alpha blending and masking too...🌙

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.