Random TP

nutron Ornitz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why does a random tp occur within a sim, and during a walk or flight using the arrow keys or movement icons. I have an alt for which this has never occured and but seems to be independent of the viewer used. Currently using Phoenix. I have been tped through walls and also been stuck insude walls. Many times in a skybox the tp has landed me outside of it. A most annoying result.  My assessment based on  all the evidence is that some of the info associated with my avi has been somehow corrupted.  I would be most grateful to have a permanent solution.

PS. The tps are usually 1-10 m in arbitrary directions and accompanied by the wooshing tp sound.

6 answers to this question

Can you explain a bit more?  When are you TP'd randomly?  Where do you go? 

Are you using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 as your browser? If so, you need to set Compatibility mode for this web site so that you can include text in the body of your post to help us understand your problem.

While you have this website open, click the Compatibility View button that is located directly to the right side of the address bar next to the Refresh button. It looks sort of like a torn piece of paper. Once you do that, IE 8 or IE9 will let you post things here with no problem.  

are you perhaps strolling into other peoples land and being teleported home by their security orbs? that happens easily. especially if you are using vehicles and getting caught by lag and this way losing control over where you are.

or perhaps you are on combat enabled land and being "killed" and so again sent to your home location. if you haven't got a set home location you will be tped to random hubs, i believe.

what are you doing when these teleports occur and do you land at various places or is it the same every time?

please add more info to your post by doing what rolig said so we can better understand what is going on and help you.

• Like 1

So, log in somewhere else. Then change your normal login location. If you find yourself inside a wall, just TP to a new spot.

BTW, in the future, please do not attach your comment to someone else's question, especially if the question is a year and a half old.  NOBODY will see it except for people who responded to the original question, and most of them will not be paying attention.  Always start your own new question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.