Recommendations for sims like Kowloon and Chinese Island?

RoyBlakeley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the regions along the Great Wall of Second Life.  I had a place in Ziczac, but the tier got to be too much.  That's the only region name I recall, and I was pretty much the last hold-out for the China theme.  But it's still worth exploring, you never know what you might find.

Not entirely Chinese, but Kiyori has an unbelievably realistic Chinatown connected to Little Hanoi and a newly constructed Indian corner. In all my years on SL, this is the most immersive and impressive, not to mention inclusive (because “Asia” is not just China or Japan), modern Asian-themed neighborhoods I have been to that is not anime or post-apocalyptic Japan-inspired. The entire sim is so photogenic and intricately detailed with plenty of secret corners and spots that seem to take forever to rez but it is really worth the wait. Check out the themed rentals in each district as well. They are a bit on the pricey side (L$1000+ weekly) but that’s very reasonable if you consider the aesthetics and the overall ambiance. It’s like living in a mix of Shinjuku, Itaewon, and Chinatown NY. I usually hangout near the soju bar in Koreatown or at the hookah bar in Little India so have a seat and chat with me in case you see me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 5:09 AM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Not entirely Chinese, but Kiyori has an unbelievably realistic Chinatown connected to Little Hanoi and a newly constructed Indian corner. 

How do I get to them from the initial teleport point in the subway station? I just spent a few minutes walking around Kiyori but could not get out of the Chinese and Japanese areas. 

Tralala Diner if you are into a grittier, more decrepit and post-apocalyptic Kowloon rooftop slums meets Shinjuku Piss Alley vibes. One of the most painstakingly and audio-visually provocative builds I have ever been to. If you listen closely you can hear the sound of shamisen playing amidst downpour and ominous ambient noises very reminiscent of bustling Chinatown or Hong Kong while incessant biohazard warnings conjure an impending sense of doom ...

LittleWorld_001.thumb.jpg.9c5ea1dbbc3af4a39395b520fb487860.jpgLittleWorld_007.thumb.jpg.c2cdbb804a703b670d8cc5dba16ad4f1.jpg

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.