Fairies, princesses and their sisters - fairytale characters and other cuties

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To clarify. Lilly is an existing SL resident. And this is the original look of her avatar. The outfit on the first picture is her own choice. Something from her inventory. I suggested the second because I wanted a nerdy look. She modeled the first time. And I can only say, she did a great job.

lillynerd2.png

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

I have so, so many faery, fantasy and fairytale type avatars/outfits in my inventory.  I don't (usually) see them as separate characters, they're all really just me in a costume. 

This is one of my latest, inspired by a traditional Irish tune and titled "Sí Mhór" (which is Gaelic for "Big Fairy", on account of the fact that I'm about 7ft tall and I do not shrink down when I'm Fae).

50206293376_8479e5ca3b_b.jpg

I made the wings myself from a photograph of a real butterfly. Yes I know it's physically impossible for a being of my size to fly with wings like that. But that's what faery magic is for.

This is an older one I did for the Winter Solstice, wings here are from Faeline, not my own.

49491795768_dcbb8bb25d_b.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

This is one of my latest, inspired by a traditional Irish tune and titled "Sí Mhór" (which is Gaelic for "Big Fairy", on account of the fact that I'm about 7ft tall and I do not shrink down when I'm Fae).

On the first picture, she wears a kind of tiara. An accessories. Or has it a meaning? I like the third one also. Perhaps a dwarf, troll or similar creature as decoration in the the background wouldn't be bad. Just an idea.

Edited by Doc Carling

7 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

On the first picture, she wears a kind of tiara. An accessories. Or has it a meaning? I like the third one also. Perhaps a dwarf, troll or similar creature as decoration in the the background wouldn't be bad. Just an idea.

No particular meaning behind the tiara, other than its design, being very light and delicate and fitting for a a fairy. The accessories in the third one have more meaning; there's the Celtic knotwork in the crown, combined with the heavy Christian symbolism in the necklace; a combination of old Irish tradition with Catholicism, very typical of Ireland in that period. I think another creature or person in the background would distract too much though. The background is already well filled with the golden harp.

I see. I thought the first were perhaps a princess of a tribe living in the forest. As for the last picture. From her look she seem to be sceptical person who had to learn some lessons in her life.  The look of her eyes I would interprete it as distrustful. I bet she thinks twice before she talks. Just my fantasies. 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Not all princesses are ‘cuties’ 😉
5C5BDB13-BFD1-49A8-ADE3-DB3E57B83221.thumb.jpeg.9191c9a6dd1907a16256fbdf4079ad11.jpeg

910A739C-F754-4E11-A16D-6C8A0DB12E79.thumb.jpeg.5722ffdd3a8aed584c08202c7775b2fe.jpeg

8C839EC2-07BC-4541-AF91-AC5C71413E95.jpeg.c819900aafb073b33f7042ee7ac70d2c.jpeg

FAC97ECC-E6A9-41B3-9569-A96926CC6388.thumb.jpeg.932bfc58fbe8bf05d75290da72cbfa06.jpeg

cropping, small edits for neck seam etc. inworld windlight, projectors full bright, glow stuffs etc are left as-is. Yep, there’s clipping. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.