Second Life on Mini PC

126Ryan Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 7:58 AM, Caffinna said:

My mini PC "Minisforum Z83-F" has been able to upload and download everything on the Second Life including blender and now Avastar. I was surprise how well it's been doing.  I'm not endorsing but rather I'm simply sharing and posting how I'm keeping the cost low.   

Hi there what is your specs of your mini pc?

14 hours ago, meady212 said:

Hi there what is your specs of your mini pc?

I'm seeing this on amazon

Z83-F Mini PC Fanless Silent Desktop 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC Windows 10 Pro Micro PC, HD Intel Quad Core CPU up to 1.92GHz, 1000M LAN, HDMI&VGA, Support Auto Power On, Mini Computer

4gb ram...  yeah good luck with that.  pagefile swapage will be high.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I'm seeing this on amazon

Z83-F Mini PC Fanless Silent Desktop 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC Windows 10 Pro Micro PC, HD Intel Quad Core CPU up to 1.92GHz, 1000M LAN, HDMI&VGA, Support Auto Power On, Mini Computer

4gb ram...  yeah good luck with that.  pagefile swapage will be high.

And it's fanless. It may not survive long running Second Life.  I would not use SL on something without a fan, personally. The low specs you could get by with but not a fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

And it's fanless. It may not survive long running Second Life.  I would not use SL on something without a fan, personally. The low specs you could get by with but not a fan.

well the 4gb of system ram,  it will get by if they are doing nothing else.   once they start discord, youtube, firefox,chrome, ect.  that systme ram shrinks and once it hits page file,  it's going to make SL stutter hard.

• Like 1

I took a closer look at the technical specifications of this device. Seen in this way, the "PC" cannot do more than a tablet. Well, the processor data etc. make you happy at first glance, but a maximum of 64GB hard disk capacity, and that only with a flash card show me that this device is intended purely for office work where the data is transmitted over the network, and there too saved again. Thus this silent "miracle device" is nothing more than a simple network workstation for e.g. Inquiry stations in a call center. For me it is almost a miracle that SL can be operated on this device for a long time without it slowly starting to overheat. I would definitely always have a fire extinguisher nearby in case this thing starts to overheat and burn down under the high load of SL ;-).

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.