Can you own Mainland, & a Linden home for free?

Rob Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Title pretty much says it all. However, I was looking into getting a 510 plot to sell some stuff or people to test demos. But wanting to keep that free benefit in a Linden home for a place to stay.

Like can you have both for free?

If you can't then other option I was curious about can you like have a small store/skybox aabove your Linden home?

Edited by Rob Huntsman
  • Like 1

You can get a camper ( Linden Home ) Those 512. So you will have 512 available for a plot somewhere else. Premium allows you to hold 1024 for free.

Edit to your edit. Yes you allowed to have a skybox above your Linden home, above 2000 meter, BUT not a store or anything commercial. So no...

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Most of us, with campers in Belli, own a little parcel in Mainland, without paying any extra. Just the amount when purchasing the land; if you get a piece of abandoned land from LL, it will just be 512sq

It is great for building or to place a skybox

Ah ok, so you can split the difference with a  512sq plot and a mainland one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob Huntsman said:

Ah ok, so you can split the difference with a  512sq plot and a mainland one.

Right. With the camper, you own 512 and have another 512 left, perfect to a little parcel in Mainland. Walk around the continents till you find something you like, and then create a support ticket with the SURL of the parcel, so they set it up for you. You'll 512LL, and that will be it as long as you are premium

If I can be of help, just IM me

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, iBrat said:

You can get a camper ( Linden Home ) Those 512. So you will have 512 available for a plot somewhere else. Premium allows you to hold 1024 for free.

Edit to your edit. Yes you allowed to have a skybox above your Linden home, above 2000 meter, BUT not a store or anything commercial. So no...

I'll have to double check but sky boxes are only allowed with the new linden homes not the older one on 512.  Check the covenant to be sure.

• Like 2

Just now, RowanMinx said:

I'll have to double check but sky boxes are only allowed with the new linden homes not the older one on 512.  Check the covenant to be sure.

You prolly right. I don't even think of those anymore when I mention Linden homes 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iBrat said:

You prolly right. I don't even think of those anymore when I mention Linden homes 🤣

cannot contain temporary object rezzers or individual prims beyond the maximum size allowed by the Second Life Viewer build tools. Skyboxes are allowed on the Bellisseria continent above 2000 meters. Skyboxes are not allowed for first-generation Linden Homes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iBrat said:

Either way get yourself a cute little camper. Those hip at the moment and let your customers demo and shop away in your mainland plot. Just my two cents.

I haven't been back to check it out since it first opened.  Maybe I'll have a look around soon.

• Like 2

Free in the sense of no tier fees?  Yes.  Totally free?  No -- you'll still need to pay for a premium account.

Another option would be to NOT pay for a premium account, and just rent a cheap parcel.  That can be dangerous, though, as if you miss a payment there's not a lot of time you can be delinquent before those automated rent boxes kick you off the land and return your stuff.  If you instead buy a parcel from Linden, they'll give you up to thirty days to get your account in order.  However, if you don't pay before the thirty day deadline, you don't just loose your parcel:  You loose your account.  You can open a new one, but it won't have anything in it's inventory, landmarks, or friend list -- That's gone forever.

Another risk of renting is if the landlord doesn't pay tier on time.  If Linden seizes their parcel, the fact that you're dwelling on said parcel won't matter:  You're out.  This could also happen if the landlord decides to sell the land, abandon it, or decide they want to do something else with the parcel other than offer it for rental.

If you do get a premium account, you are given a 1024 m2 land allocation for "free" -- you still pay the premium membership fees, but you won't pay any tier fees so long as you don't exceed 1024 m2 owne3d in any given month.  You can use this 1024 allocation as described above:  All of it for the premium perk of a 1024 m2 Linden Home, 512 of it for a Linden Home Camper and then the other 512 for a parcel or parcels on the Mainland (you can split up your land allocation any way you want;  the smallest parcels are 16m2), or all of the 1024 m2 can be used for Mainland parcels.  Please be aware you'll still need to pay for the Mainland parcels, a one time fee either to the parcel owner, or to Linden if you've found some nice abandoned land and filled out a ticket requesting they sell it to you.

One thing no one's mentioned yet is that regardless of a skybox, down on the ground outside your home, or inside it, Linden does NOT allow commercial activity in the Linden Home areas.  For that you'll need a Mainland parcel.

Lot's of luck to you, and I'm gonna do what Elana did and offer my help inworld if you and I happen to be online at the same time.  🙂

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.