Hair is disappearing in ultra?

Aeron Ravenhurst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(I think i posted this originally in the wrong forum. First time poster. >.<)

Okay so this is literally a brand new thing and I have NO IDEA whats going on. I've tried in Firestorm, i've tried on black dragon. But when my settings are on ultra every freakin hair I own, thats alot of hair, vanishes or mostly vanishes. How the heck do I fix this? Did I mess up a setting? Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions would be very very welcome. Yes my LOD is at 4.0 and i double checked all my graphic settings I literally have changed nothing. Just all of a sudden on ultra my hair vanishes or mostly vanishes......

That's your eyebrow shaper. When you edit your appearance it is listed as the default hair.

All sliders must be set to 0. That way the default hair will not poke out of the head. But some creators took the lazy way and set the hair to transparent and didn't bother with the sliders. So you have like a transparent beanie that zero out the hair in Ultra.

When you set the sliders for length and all the others to 0, it is fixed. If the brow shaper isn't modify, you have to find one you can mod so the brows has the same shape.

bhad_003.png

• Haha 1

That GIF helps a lot as illustration... did you change your system hairbase recently? 

No matter what, edit that system hair and check if everything concerning hair and its length and volume is set to 0. So any system hair is literally "cut"... some hair and skin creators passing out their own system hair don't know or don't care, hence why you end up with such a "halo" effect.

EDIT: @Marianne Little hah, timing 😄

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Haha 1

The issue is quite simple, as Marianne already said its your base hair (the linden one) is coming through. This happens when a rigged mesh is set to alpha but still being rendered. When using an alpha layer you can choose a texture or "tick" certain body parts off, using an alpha texture will cause this, what you should do is always tick them off to disable rendering them completely, in that case it doesn't matter what your hair shape is since its not being rendered and cannot occlude other things like in your issue.

Firestorm recently (7/29/2020) released their beta version of the viewer with EEP. Version 6.4.5.  If you recently updated to that version then the change is in the EEP rendering. If you use a version back (6.3.9) and do not have that problem then it would be good to let the FS Devs know. But, make sure the same hair-base is rendering differently in both versions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.