Rotating signs for rent or sale signs on mainland

Roxi Firanelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a new neighbor on mainland that divided and built up his piece of land with giant prim boxes (to be flat, to overlook my land, and I assume to have renters rezz a house on) and promptly put up 4 shiny rotating For Rent signs at about 40M (ish) above them.  I've had this same piece of land for over 10 years and I seem to remember there being a rule about the height, size and/or type of advertisement allowed.   Am I remembering incorrectly?  Anyone know?  I don't necessarily want to file a ticket, I'd just like the correct info so that if there is a rule I could contact said neighbor and present it to him (while kindly asking him to remove them).  He's kind of a newbie land baron and got a little touchy when I asked if he needed any help texturing the boxes (because, you know....massive repeats).

bfe97279b55d300cde277dcd803b4873.jpg

• Like 1

There are Second Life Mainland Policies, including an "Ad Farm" policy.Thing is, though, this isn't exactly an ad farm; nonetheless, Governance has been known to intervene sometimes, in similar situations, so you could report it.

Note some of the conditions these appear to violate (there may be more):

• No more than one advertisement is permitted by any single individual or organization (whether through a personal account or a group account) in any single region.
  • They must be grounded to the terrain, not floating.
  • They must extend no higher than 8 m from the ground.
  • They must contain no rotating or flashing content and no particles.

• Thanks 5

Yes, send in an abuse report - over - height, violates ad policy.

Excessively large FOR SALE signs are an ongoing problem. Enforcement isn't very strict. But when the signs are airborne and huge, ARs are usually effective. I've reported a few truly huge ones, over 80 meters high.

There's not much of a market for little walled parcels on mainland. This looks like a new landlord who hasn't found that out yet.

The major landlords tend to use small rental signs and boxes, close to real-life size. They don't want to run down their own neighborhood.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Send ticket to LL, for this type of problem, at least for those who are not Premium, the ticket must go straight to the trash! I complain about monstrous things, I return there two weeks, three weeks, a month, and the trash that destroys Mainland is still there ... When I went Premium, it was more dynamic!
Basic Account Lives Matter!
Hello LL, the Basics move the market!

2 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

Send ticket to LL, for this type of problem, at least for those who are not Premium, the ticket must go straight to the trash! I complain about monstrous things, I return there two weeks, three weeks, a month, and the trash that destroys Mainland is still there ... When I went Premium, it was more dynamic! [...]

As a long time Arbor Project member and "concierge" Mainlander, I can assure you that Governance's response to these particular reports is spotty as hell for all of us. On the other hand, Arbor has recently had a significant win, getting the Lab to remove some egregious eyesores and to repair blatant landsplitting, so it's possible we're in a good spot right now.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.